Charnwood College is now recruiting for an Apprentice Caretaker, to join us as soon as possible. This role at Charnwood College could be the ideal next step in your career and is a fantastic opportunity to join a hard working team of school caretakers!
About the role
You will be responsible for security, safety, cleanliness and general maintenance of our school site.
This is a hands on role, requiring a range of practical and DIY skills. IT skills would also be desirable but training will be provided.
Salary & Benefits
- £4.50 per hour
- 37 hours per week, hours are flexible and negotiable - dependent on bookings.
- Access to generous contributory local government pension scheme.
Who we are looking for
- Hardworking with high standards of caretaking and cleaning
- Work well as part of a team or on their own, friendly and reliable
- Enthusiastic and conscientious, proactive and flexible
- Have a sense of pride in caring for our school and its surroundings
In return, you can become part of:
- A team of enthusiastic staff
- A school where every child really does matter
About The David Ross Education Trust
The David Ross Education Trust (DRET) has grown to a network of 34 academies, incorporating primary, secondary and grammar, and special schools. We employ over 2000 people with the primary focus of raising the standards of education for 13,000 young people. Whatever your role, you should know you are contributing to achieving our vision of inspiring the next generation of young people to be the best they can in whatever they choose. Our aim is to be the country’s leading academy chain, committed to delivering the highest educational standards alongside an unrivalled package of sporting and cultural enrichment, including events such as the DRET Spring, Summer and Winter Cups, Music Cup, volunteering trips abroad, and regular trips/visits throughout the year.
Charnwood College is committed to equality, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.