Set in 26 acres of beautiful parkland in Cobham, Notre Dame School nestles in a picturesque 18th century mansion beside the River Mole. Notre Dame is a Catholic School and is a Foundation of the Company of Mary Our Lady with an ethos shaped by the life and work of St Jeanne de Lestonnac. Despite the tranquil setting Notre Dame School is a hive of activity, with over 600 children and teachers working hard in the important business of education. The school has an enviable reputation for the highest academic standards and a progressive, holistic, academic education that is underpinned by over 400 years of international educational tradition in 30 countries. Established in England in 1937, the school has always had the philosophy that the greatest success comes from knowing how to learn and how to ask the right questions; training pupils to take an active role in reaching and exceeding early expectations. From the vibrant Nursery to the exciting Sixth Form, tomorrow's professionals acquire the skills, knowledge and qualifications that give them the best possible start in life.
Function of the Post
As an Apprentice you will support the HR Manager in providing a professional, customer-focused HR generalist service for the School.You will be supported in your learning and attend college on a weekly day release to study the HR Support Level 3 apprenticeship and be work based for the remainder of the week.
- Create and maintain personnel files, and personnel data, both in hard copy and electronic form on the school database (SIMs). This includes requesting outstanding documentation and transferring old files to archive.
- Maintain and update the Staff Employment Handbook with guidance from the HR Manager
- Update the Single Central Register of appointments in accordance with safer recruitment legislation.
- Manage absenteeism in conjunction with the Assistant Head, Curriculum and Assistant Head of Prep, directing staff to complete self-certification forms and updating SIMs
- Process annual leave requests for support staff and update SIMs
- Generate and issue letters for staff, including confirmation of employment, variation and maternity/paternity leave, and advise the Finance Office of changes for Payroll
- Provide administrative support for the appointment of and contract renewals for peripatetic teachers, visitors and casual staff, liaising with line managers in advance.
- Undertake the administration of staff leavers, draft correspondence and notify the Finance Office
Closing Date: 9am on Monday 10th December 2018
Interviews: 11th – 14th December 2018
Start date: January 2019
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by senior members of the School and take a tour of the school.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
The School is an equal opportunities employer and is fully committed to a policy of treating all its employees and job applicants equally and does not discriminate on the grounds of race, sex or marital status.