To support the IT Support Technician to provide 1st / 2nd line technical support for all network connected hardware and software including the management of VDI including (ThinApp), Desktop PC / Thin Clients, Backups, Wi-Fi, Switches, Routers, Firewalls and Servers including (Virtual) and Printing Devices.
1. To assist in the Installation, configuration, and support College IT hardware and software. Assist with VMware View hardware and software environment to ensure 24 * 7 *365 availability to both Staff and Students.
2. Assist in monitoring the network to ensure network availability to all system users and perform necessary maintenance to support network availability through SNMP and other monitoring tools.
3. Assists in maintaining the operating system and security software utilised on the network, including the addition of new users to the network and establishment of rights and privileges.
4. Ensure that all Support Tickets are responded and resolved in accordance with implemented Service Level Agreements.
5. Any other duties, of a similar level of responsibility, as may be required.