Employed for: 37.5 hours per week, term time plus two weeks (2 year Contract)
Hours: 8:15am - 4:15pm
Responsible to: PA/Office Manager and Principal
As an Apprentice Personal Assistant you will provide basic routine general clerical, administrative and financial support to the school. You will also be working towards the Level 3 Business Administrator course.
Line of responsibility
As an apprentice personal assistant, you will work under the direction of the Principal and PA/Office Manager to provide basic routine general clerical, administrative, and financial support to the school.
Your main duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Being aware of and complying with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
- Being aware of and supporting difference and ensure equal opportunities for all
- Contributing to the overall ethos/work/aims of the school
- Appreciating and supporting the role of other professionals
- Attending and participating in relevant meetings as required
- Participating in training and other learning activities and performance management as required
- Assisting the Principal with office tasks; filing, clerical support, photocopying, undertaking word processing and other IT based tasks
- Contribute to the organisation of support service systems/procedures and policies
- Sorting and distributing mail
- Undertaking routine administration e.g. take minutes from meetings
- Filing and organising Principal’s files.
- Ensuring the Principal’s diary is up to date and organised.
- To assess development and training needs and discuss with line manager.
- To set your own targets before any development activity and review and evaluate the activity after completion, cascading information to the appropriate team when relevant.
- To keep personal records of all staff development activities in which you are/have been involved.
- To take part in the whole school PM cycle.
- The Apprentice Personal Assistant will undertake any other duties which from time to time may be required and be relevant and commensurate with the post, as deemed necessary by the Principal
- The job description will be reviewed at the end of the academic year or earlier if necessary. In addition, it may be amended at any time after consultation with you.
Every member of staff at The Khalsa Academy Wolverhampton has a responsibility to promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young people with whom they come into contact.
We take the safeguarding of students and staff seriously at Khalsa Academy Wolverhampton. All staff are expected to support this ethos.
Closing date: 16th April 2021.
How to apply:
Please fill out the application below and email to the Principal’s PA; Sharon Nicholson firstname.lastname@example.org School visits are also welcomed.
The Khalsa Academy Wolverhampton, Millfields Road, Ettinghshall, Wolverhampton,
West Midlands, WV4 6JP T: 01902 925 390 | E: Info@tkaw.org
Khalsa Academy Wolverhampton
- Mainstream school with state - free school funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 19 years