Apprentice Teaching Assistant, Oxfordshire

Closing date:

Manor Primary SchoolOxfordshire

Date posted:
Start date: As soon as possible
Contract type: Full Time
Salary: £6,819 Actual salary
Contract term: Fixed Term

Manor Primary School is looking to appoint an enthusiastic individual to work as an Apprentice Teaching Assistant in Upper Key Stage 2.

Your opportunity

You will achieve an Apprenticeship in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools (level 2) or Specialist Support of Teaching and Learning in Schools (level 3), depending on entry requirements. Either qualification will be achieved by a GLF approved Apprenticeship provider.

Our Teaching Assistants play a positive part in the education and social development of children, supporting them to access the curriculum. Under the guidance and direction of the class teacher, you will be supporting children within the classroom environment whilst achieving an apprenticeship in this critical area.

80% of your week will be based within Upper Key Stage 2 supporting children with the remaining 20% spent in a training environment.

You will be appointed a mentor within the school who will support you day to day.

About Manor Primary School

Manor Primary School is a popular 2 form entry school and the oldest school in Didcot, with the infants still being housed in our historic Victorian building. We joined the GLF Schools Multi Academy Trust in May 2019 to strengthen & broaden the teaching and learning opportunities for all. We continue to develop our highly creative curriculum and growth mind-set pedagogy.

What we are looking for

We are looking for someone with patience, dedication and flexibility alongside a commitment to personal development and to attend the formal apprenticeship training as required.

You must be a good communicator with high expectations and a real empathy with children.

We can offer you the opportunity to work with a fantastic group of children who are focused and committed in their learning. You will also be working with a friendly and supportive team of professionals.

For the level 2 Apprenticeship we require the following:

• No formal entry requirements but to successfully complete the framework learners must achieve qualifications in: Level 2 English, Level 1 Maths and Level 1 ICT.

For the level 3 Apprenticeship we require:

• 5 GCSEs including Maths & English, Or relevant level 2 qualification

Why work at Manor Primary School

• We can offer you well behaved and hard-working pupils

• Supportive, friendly and dedicated staff

• A strong belief in the development of the whole child through a broad and balanced curriculum

• A commitment to your on-going professional development

Thrive in a Career at GLF

Each school in our Trust has its own individual identity, while benefiting from the expertise that comes from dedicated and experienced regional and Trust teams. Our schools serve to meet the needs of its own local community, yet all are united in their core purpose of providing an outstanding educational experience.

GLF Schools has a generous employment offer which allows our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish. Our offer includes:

● Continuous Professional Development

● Work life and family friendly policies

● Flexible Working

● Staff Wellbeing

● Career Pathways and Talent Management

● Staff Benefits

● Community and Collaboration

● Valued Worker Scheme

The Details:

Salary: £8000 (FTE), £6819 (actual pro rata)

Hours: 36 hours a week, 39 weeks of the year (term time only). Fixed term contract for the length of the apprenticeship.

Start date: ASAP

Closing date for applications: 27th March 2020

Interview date: TBC


For any further information, please contact Katie Sullivan in the GLF Recruitment Team on 020-716-4987. 

More about Manor Primary School
Type: Mainstream School
Phase: Primary
Funding status: State - Academy
Gender: Mixed
Age Range: 4 - 11 years
Address: Lydalls Close, Didcot, Oxfordshire, OX11 7LB, United Kingdom. View in Google Maps
Telephone: +44 1235 812 762
employer gallery photo 0
employer gallery photo 1
employer gallery photo 2