Big Creative Training (BCT) job specification (business development assistant)
Big Creative Training is a well-established and expanding creative industry training provider with a long track record of delivering positive outcomes for learners. Our mission is to improve the lives of young people through high quality training and creative industry experiences. We have more than 300 young people per year going through our vocational training programmes including apprenticeships and they all take qualifications in maths and English. We have great industry links and work with over 100 creative sector employers and SMEs.
You’ll work as part of our employer engagement team. Their role is to liaise with creative industries employers across music, media, events and marketing. You’ll support the team in meeting targets and growing relationships with a range of creative industry employers.
· To help build and maintain a network of companies in music, media, events and marketing
· To assist the BCT employer engagement team in communicating with creative industry employers about apprenticeships and traineeships.
· To ensure the team consistently meet apprenticeships / traineeship start targets.
· To ensure all paperwork and admin for the BCT employer engagement team is maintained, updated and meets audit requirements.
· To help recruit apprentices and trainees for creative industry placements.
- To promote Big Creative at all times, including our apprenticeships, traineeships, courses and our new shared creative space Creative Works opening in September 2018.
- To quality improve all aspects of employer engagement including gathering employer feedback and ensuring programme design and delivery responds to employer needs
- Experience of working in the creative industries and educated in a relevant area
- Great communication skills across email, phone and face-to-face
· Extremely organised and able to manage own work load effectively
· Highly motivated and driven to succeed in a competitive and rewarding environment
- Proven track record of recent and ongoing industry experience and up to date knowledge of sector trends and developments, including entrepreneurial experience
- GCSE grade C English and maths required
Benefits of working for BCT
· Company pension scheme and healthcare cashback scheme
· Supportive, caring and developmental environment
· Creative and innovative approach to education
· Be part of a successful and expanding organisation
Salary and days of work
· Start date is 1st August
· This is a full time position with 22 days holiday a year. Salary is £28,000
How to apply
If you wish to apply you must request an application form from firstname.lastname@example.org by midday on 28th June. Please send the completed form with a covering letter detailing how you meet the criteria above and explaining why you would like to work for BCT to email@example.com by 5pm on 2nd July.
To find out more about BCT and our approach to education please see www.bigcreative.education
Big Creative Training has been rated “good” by Ofsted in April 2017. You can read the full report here
“Leaders and staff successfully ignite young people’s enthusiasm for learning” (Ofsted)