Al Khor International School is a 3 to 18, co-educational and non-selective international school. Owned by Qatargas, the world’s largest producer of liquefied natural gas, AKIS caters primarily for the children of the company’s employees. We are one of the largest international schools in the Middle East with more than 4,000 students across our KG, British Curriculum and CBSE Curriculum schools. The school has exceptional facilities and is located in Al Khor Community, 40 minutes north of Qatar’s capital city Doha.
We are seeking a caring and dynamic teacher of Arabic, Islamic studies and Qatar history for August 2021, or earlier. The successful candidate will be a highly skilled teacher with the ability to promote the personal development of students, and improve the standard of learning and achievement. This is an excellent opportunity to join a friendly and welcoming community in one of the leading international schools in the region.
Skills and qualities:
- Commitment to student wellbeing and learning
- Degree in Arabic or Islamic Studies and a teaching certificate
- Experience in an international school
- Strong communication and people skills
- High level of cultural awareness and sensitivity
What we offer:
- Enthusiastic and motivated students
- Engaged and supportive school community
- Exciting sporting, leisure and cultural activities in a friendly, diverse and hospitable country with a rich cultural heritage. Opportunities to travel.
Our excellent compensation package includes:
- A highly competitive tax-free salary.
- Access to excellent leisure clubs, including restaurants, swimming pools, gymnasiums, and other sporting facilities. For more details please click on the following link http://www.akcommunity.org/
- Free education provided at AKIS for up to 4 children
- High quality Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
- Generous housing allowance or company provided accommodation
- Utility allowance
- Furniture allowance
- Baggage allowance
- Annual flight allowances for employee and eligible dependants
- Medical cover
- End of service benefits
As part of the recruitment process, you will be required to submit fully attested degree and teaching certificates, transcripts and police certificate.
Please note that due to government regulations we can only consider applicants who are below 50 years of age.
How to apply:
Please click on this link and apply on the relevant AKIS job posting.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
16 January 2021
For further information about the school, please visit http://www.akis.sch.qa
Al Khor International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Al Khor International School (AKIS)
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of age 4 - 18 years
About Al Khor International School
Owned by Qatargas – one of the largest natural gas-producing companies in the world, AKIS was established to cater primarily for the children of its employees. The school is located in Al Khor Community, approximate...