Art Teacher (2 posts - Full-time and/or Part-time)
Contract: Full-time, Permanent
Start date: September 2021
Thomas Tallis is a flourishing and popular school situated in the Royal Borough of Greenwich. We currently have over 2000 pupils on the school roll with around 600 students in our highly competitive sixth form. We strive for excellence in all that we do underpinned by our vision of education to understand the world and change it for the better.
We are looking to appoint two, well-qualified and creative Teachers of Art to join an established, well-resourced and successful faculty. There are two opportunities in the department and we are open to applications from teachers seeking both full and part-time hours. In addition to Art at KS3, we offer Art, Art and Design and Photography at KS4 and 5. The faculty is committed to creative curriculum development and cultural entitlement. You will be working alongside a team of experienced members of staff in a faculty with outstanding teaching. Thomas Tallis is an Artsmark Platinum School with a long history of placing the arts at the centre of the curriculum. The ability to teach Photography and some experience of teaching BTEC Art & Design are both desirable.
We are looking for someone who:
• is passionate about the visual arts with the ability to inspire students
• can demonstrate excellent teaching and classroom management skills
• has the ability to build good relationships with all students and adults
• has a commitment to developing curriculum activities within the Arts faculty
We can offer you:
• children and young people who are eager to learn and progress
• staff who are supportive, committed to their own professional development and to improving outcomes for the students here
• an excellent physical environment with new facilities and infrastructure
• a school committed to your professional development
Thomas Tallis School has adopted the Framework for Ethical Leadership in Education. This means that we try to behave in a principled and correct manner in everything we do. Schools and colleges serve children and young people and help them grow into fulfilled and valued citizens. As role models for the young, how we behave as leaders is as important as what we do. We therefore behave with selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty and leadership. We demonstrate trust, wisdom, kindness, justice, service, courage and optimism.
Download an application pack from the school’s website or you can request one by contacting the HR Department via e-mail: HR@thomastallis.org.uk. Application forms can also be returned to HR via email.
If applying for a part-time position please indicate clearly on your application form how many days you are available to work.
Application closing date: 20th May 2021
Interview and assessment: w/c 24th May 2021
Thomas Tallis School is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Our commitment is underpinned by robust processes and procedures that seek to minimise risk and continuously promote a culture of safeguarding amongst our workforce. All posts within the school are subject to an enhanced DBS check. We welcome applications from all sections of the community, regardless of gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or age.
Thomas Tallis School
- Mainstream school with state - community funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 19 years