We wish to appoint a highly qualified and motivated Teacher of Art able to teach across all key stages on a part time basis (three days a week). Our ideal candidate will be a positive, passionate and enthusiastic Teacher who can bring learning to life and inspire our young minds to develop their interest and skills in Art. NQTs are welcome to apply and would be fully supported.
We aim to recruit individuals who display the character and competence to drive our school towards success and support the school’s drive towards achieving ‘outstanding’ status. They will share in the school’s vision and fully support our ethos.
The successful candidate will hold QTS and will be eligible to work in the UK.
- Able to deliver a rich, creative curriculum across all key stages
- Be an enthusiastic and well qualified teacher with a track record of raising student engagement and achievement
- Be able to support students in reaching their full potential, including employing a range of pedagogical approaches
- Be interested in Self-Directed Learning and be open to different learning approaches
- Be committed to student leadership and encourage teamwork and collaboration
- Respect the school’s ethos, aims and values
- Enjoy being part of a supportive and progressive team
- Be willing to engage in continued professional development
In return we offer:
· An excellent working environment with good resources
· A professional team culture and students that are keen to excel
· A unique parental and community degree of support
· Attractive and competitive salary package based on experience and qualifications - salary and benefits are based on the Trust’s own scale and are representative of attracting the highest quality professionals
· The opportunity to enhance your teaching experience through continued professional development
Our school currently hosts 152 students from primary through to secondary education and is currently developing a ground-breaking Self-Directed Learning facility to support our student’s academic journey. We are supported by a national body of schools with a central head office based in Warwickshire and have excellent commuting links to Cambridge, Norwich and surrounding areas.
At the Swaffham Campus we seek to promote excellence in education and enjoy outstanding student achievement, engagement and behaviour, reflecting the Christian ethos and values of the school.
Please visit our website: http://swaffham.focus-school.com/ and visit our LinkedIn page for further information relating to Focus Schools.
We welcome and encourage visits to our school prior to application. For a pre-application discussion or to arrange a visit, please contact the Head Teacher’s PA, Mrs Lesley Fox, on 01760 336939.
Affiliated to Focus Learning Trust which provides direction and support to 27 UK schools. The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to a DBS Enhanced with Barred List Disclosure.
Close Date: Noon on Friday 02/03/2018
Interview Date: Wednesday 07/03/2018