The Headteacher and Governors at All Saints Catholic School are seeking to appoint a dedicated professional teacher of Art. The successful candidate will be joining a dynamic, hardworking and ambitious department, teaching across Key Stage 3 to Key Stage 5.
The Department of Art and Design provides pupils with exciting opportunities to explore, develop and learn creative and technical skills. Pupils are taught in mixed ability classes across Key Stages and are encouraged to appreciate the work of different cultures and artists and to express their own thoughts, ideas and feelings. Students are encouraged to create highly personal outcomes and lead their own investigations at KS4 and KS5.
All Saints Catholic School is a large Outstanding Catholic comprehensive school situated in the London Borough of Barking and Dagenham and within the Diocese of Brentwood, with good transport links to central London. We are a high achieving 11 -18 mixed school with excellent examination results. We have received an Educational Outcomes award for being in the top 12 percent of schools in the country for progress. Our strength in teaching and learning has a positive impact on our students and the exam results for 2019 show that
• Progress 8 was 0.53 (well above average), Attainment 8 was 53.6
• 74% achieved grade 4 and above in English and Maths and 56.2% achieved grade 5 and above in English and Maths
• 30% of GCSE grades were 9-7
• 65% of GCSE grades were 9-5
The School is a Teaching School and excellent professional development opportunities are available for colleagues in a forward thinking and creative organisation. Please watch our school videos available at http://allsaintsschool.co.uk/ to get a flavour of life at All Saints. Our core values of Respect, Understanding, Affection and Humour underpin all aspects of our pastoral and academic daily routines. Our Ofsted report can be found here http://allsaintsschool.co.uk/ofsted.html and our full Section 48 report can be found here http://allsaintsschool.co.uk/section-48.html The report says ‘All Saints is an inspirational, Christ-centred community with a strong moral purpose that underpins its life and work.’
We can offer
We can offer the successful candidate:
• aspirational young people who respond very well to excellent teaching
• an opportunity to extend skills alongside the experienced, forward thinking Headteacher and Senior Leadership Team
• a committed and highly motivated staff team that work collaboratively to raise standards
• an environment that supports the wellbeing of everyone in the community
• supported by an effective Governing Body
All Saints Catholic School
Barking and Dagenham
- Mainstream school with state - voluntary aided funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
All Saints Catholic School is a very successful school featuring strongly in the national league tables for its achievements at all Key Styages and for its excellent added value scores. All Saints caters for pupils aged 11-18 and is heavily over-subs...