The Manor House School experience enables all our students to happily develop confidence and maturity at their own pace whilst taking part in an exceptionally broad range of extra-curricular clubs, sport and enrichment activities including school trips, clubs, productions and outdoor activities.
Please download the applicant pack for full details.
Reporting to the Head of Art & Drama, the Art Teacher (with expertise in textiles) will be accountable for KS3 and some KS4 pupil progress and development to deliver an appropriately balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for all, which is exciting and inspiring. The current post holder also works as the Art Technician on a part-time basis, which may be of interest to the applicant and can be discussed at interview.
Hours: Part time 10-12 sessions per week (55-minute session) plus opportunities for pastoral duties.
Learning and Teaching:
• Assist with developing and implementing the subject curriculum
• Teach an appropriate lesson load, as appropriate to skills and qualifications to the needs of the curriculum
• Encourage pupils to pursue Art courses in post 16 places of study
• Assess and monitor pupil progress, taking action if intervention is required
• Organise and oversee two clubs (one Prep lunchtime club and one afterschool senior club) plus additional involvement in GCSE Art support club
School improvement and quality assurance:
• Actively inspire and promote Art throughout the school including supporting or leading assemblies (usually twice yearly)
• Support the Head of Art & Drama with any productions or calendar events
• Ensure internal assessments and examinations are set and administered professionally
• Liaise with the HOD on matters relating to external examinations
• Ensure internal tests and examinations are set and administered professionally
• Undertake professional development as agreed with school leaders
• Assist with the development and upkeep of quality wall displays to promote a lively and stimulating environment
Personal Characteristics include:
- Commitment to the ethos and aims of the school
- Excellent communicator at all levels
- initiative and enthusiasm
- Hard working and resilient
- High expectations of self and others