Assistant Assessment Manager, Humanities and English
Contract: Full-time - Permanent
Salary: £28,400 - £35,500
This is an exciting opportunity to join an innovative, dynamic team working to produce top-class assessments. This role would suit an experienced English/ Humanities specialist looking for a new challenge.
What it’s about
This role would suit a humanities/English specialist with an interest in international and UK assessments. It involves supporting (Senior) Assessment Managers working on qualifications ranging from Cambridge IGCSE and O Level to Cambridge International A Level. This supporting role will involve taking responsibility for key parts of the assessment production cycle including checking and proofreading assessment materials, as well as managing examiners to ensure accuracy of marking and conformity to Cambridge Assessment International Education’s assessment standards. Part of the role involves supporting a diverse range of customers.
What you’ll be doing
- To be responsible for managing specified parts of the assessment materials production cycle, ensuring that the rigorous standards of the question paper production process are followed in order to ensure that they reflect the values of the Cambridge Learner and teacher and also meet the needs of customers, meet Cambridge Assessment International Education’s assessment standards and the Code of Practice.
- To ensure that question papers and key documentation are produced to the highest levels of quality, accuracy and cost effectiveness at all of the stages assigned to the post, following procedures and to pre-established schedule to ensure that any marking, grading and results procedures and responsibilities assigned to the post are carried out accurately and effectively, according to agreed procedures and to schedule
- To work with Setters, Revisers, Vetters, Item Writers, Principal Examiners and other examiners and assessment providers in order to ensure to ensure that assessments are produced, marked and graded in accordance with Cambridge Assessment International Education’s standards
- To contribute to the provision of assessment support materials, training materials and learning resources for customers so as to provide information for teachers, learners and other exam users
- To contribute to the development of Cambridge Assessment International Education’s strategy to use technology to provide on-line assessment, training and teacher support materials
- To be responsible for the management and checking of certain aspects of data, personnel and meeting management as part of the delivery of a syllabus
What we’re looking for
- Educated to degree level in a Humanities/English subject(s)
- Knowledge of/interest in assessment in education
- High standard of English
- Knowledge of International education
- Teaching qualification
- Some teaching and/or assessment experience
- Project management experience preferably in an education context
- Work in examination/educational Administration
- Examining experience
- Working in an office environment
Who we are
Cambridge Assessment International Education prepares school students for life, helping them develop an informed curiosity and a lasting passion for learning. We are part of Cambridge Assessment, a department of the University of Cambridge. Our international qualifications are recognised by the world’s best universities and employers, giving students a wide range of options in their education and career. As a not-for-profit organisation, we devote our resources to delivering high-quality educational programmes that can unlock learners’ potential.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader and be rewarded with valuable learning opportunities, a competitive salary and benefits.
We know that diversity of thinking, backgrounds and approaches leads to innovation and creates an atmosphere where everyone’s contribution is valued. As well as wanting to create diverse teams, we also value diversity in the way our people approach their work. Work/life balance is important to us at Cambridge Assessment and we offer our colleagues a range of flexible working options according to the needs of the business and the individual, so please let us know of any flexible working requirements when applying and we can see how we can support you.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 21/10/2018 and interviews will be held on 31/10/18.
If you’re successful at interview stage we will ask you to undergo background screening (carried out by Credence Background Screening Ltd), to ensure that all information provided to us is accurate. We wish you all the very best with your application.
CAMBRIDGE ASSESSMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER