St Francis Xavier’s College, founded in 1842, is a successful and oversubscribed 11-18
Catholic Converter Academy with a co-educational sixth form of 144 with a strong academic tradition.
(Updated) Permanent Position
Assistant Curriculum Leader of Religious Education with TLR2b £4,809
Required for January 2020, an Assistant Curriculum Leader of Religious Education. We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, inspirational, highly motivated and experienced teacher of RE to join our committed and dedicated team. This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and inspirational teacher with a love of their subject to join St Francis Xavier College.
The successful applicant will be an excellent and innovative classroom practitioner and is expected to be able to teach RE across the ability and age range. In addition, we are looking for the following in the successful applicant.
- A Practising Catholic
- Knowledge of current curriculum developments in the subject and their implications
- Good knowledge and understanding of current educational thinking
- Good understanding of how children learn and how to raise standards of achievement
- Ability to build and sustain professional standards and relationships with students
- Ability to contribute towards creating a safe and protective environment
- A passion for education and making a difference
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Energy, enthusiasm, good sense of humour
- Emotional maturity and resilience in dealing with challenging behaviours
Further details and application forms are available from our website at http://www.sfx.liverpool.sch.uk/the-college/recruitment/or email email@example.com or telephone 0151 288 1027
Closing date for applications THURSDAY 17 October 2019.
Interviews will be held week commencing 21 October 2019.
Safeguarding of our pupils is a priority
All posts are subject to enhanced DBS disclosures