We are seeking an excellent practitioner with outstanding people skills to work under direct line management of the Director of 6th Form. The post represents an exciting opportunity to play a key role in the development of the 6th Form at Tudor Grange Academy. The successful applicant will contribute to the development of all aspects of the 6th Form. The post will be assistant director with responsibility for either year 12 or year 13. Applicants can be teachers in any subject but we would particularly welcome applications from science specialists.
The successful applicant will:
- Be an excellent classroom practitioner
- Be able to lead, motivate and inspire
- Be committed to continuous improvement
- Have a passion for the development of 6th Form education
- Strive to achieve success for all students
An outstanding teacher is required for September 2018 to join a committed and hard-working 6th Form team. The successful applicant would be expected to teach across all key stages. The 6th Form leadership team includes the Director of 6th Form, together with two Assistant Directors of 6th Form (with responsibility for a year group each). The team are supported by a full time administrator, a mentor and a counsellor.
Tudor Grange Academy Solihull have a thriving academic 6th Form, with a cohort of 300 students. The vast majority of students study three A Level courses and supplement their curriculum with an enrichment elective.
The successful applicant will have responsibility for one year group in the 6th Form and will be responsible for all of their pastoral needs, including regular liaison with parents. The tutorial, PSHE and assembly programme are pivotal to the success of the 6th Form and the successful applicant will be involved in the planning, implementation and monitoring of this programme.
Additionally, you will benefit from:
- Working in a school judged as outstanding in the school’s recent OFSTED inspection (June 2014).
- Working with committed and able students who have high aspirations. 35% of students leaving in 2017 continued their studies at a Russell Group University and several secured prestigious apprenticeship placements.
- Joining a forward thinking team with excellent resources and facilities.
- Working in a multi academy trust. This potentially can create opportunities of collaboration and leadership across the four other secondary schools, as well as large scale Trust Insets with opportunities to share best practice and share resources across the Tudor Grange family.
- Working in an Academy which is having a multi-million pound renovation over the next two years, creating new classrooms and refurbishing existing facilities.
Tudor Grange Academy is an outstanding 11-18 comprehensive school situated in South Solihull in the West Midlands. Our results place the Academy in the top 5 of non-selective schools in the country and reinforces our reason for expanding and therefore offering some fantastic opportunities. In 2017 our Progress 8 score was +0.5 and our Attainment 8 was 58.9.
If you join us, you will benefit from:
- Teaching pupils who are well motivated, the school enjoys strong parental support
- An excellent induction programme
- Working in a Trust with structured professional development opportunities
- A real chance to develop in a forward thinking, highly successful academy
- Developing yourself in our ‘can do’ culture and positive ‘want to’ climate
We actively place staff wellbeing at the centre of everything we do. In our experience, happy teachers make a happy school. Our staff are our single biggest asset, and the success of our students depends on them. So we take care of, and invest in them, properly!
Informal visits and conversations about the post are most welcome.
Please see the Applicant Information Pack, our TES School Career Site and our own website for further information.
Please click on the Apply Now button to download the application form.
Completed applications must be returned to Mrs Kathryn Smith at the Academy by 12 noon pm on the closing date either via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. or to Tudor Grange Academy Solihull, Dingle Lane, Solihull, West Midlands, B91 3PD.
The recruitment process is robust in seeking to establish the commitment of candidates to support the school’s measures to safeguard children and to identify, deter or reject people who might pose a risk of harm to children or are otherwise unsuited to work with them. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS check. All applications will be considered on their merit and the post will be offered subject to the usual health and criminal record clearance. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.