An opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic Assistant Director of Mathematics to join our successful team. We are seeking an innovative and motivational Mathematics teacher with excellent subject knowledge and the desire and commitment to raise achievement of students at all levels. An ability to teach Mathematics to KS5 is essential. To be successful you must be able to think creatively and design new solutions to meet the challenges of our changing education system and be focused upon providing our students with the skills necessary to engage with the wider world.
In the Mathematics Department we have:
• Well-equipped classrooms with a variety of interactive facilities
• Year on year improvement in GCSE results
• An enthusiastic and supportive department team
• Hard working students and strong home/school partnerships
• A range of technology to enhance teaching and learning
The Marches is a thriving school, dedicated to ensuring students feel fully supported in all that they do. Learning radiates well beyond the classroom, with a vast array of extra-curricular activities, trips and educational visits taking place each term. Facilities at the school are exceptional, providing students with access to state of the art ICT equipment, extensive sports facilities and fully equipped classrooms.
At The Marches School we can offer:
• An ‘Outstanding’ curriculum offering students a strong core entitlement in Mathematics,
English and Science
• A full extra-curricular programme with opportunities for enrichment activities for all
• Excellent resources and facilities
• An enthusiastic and supportive team of staff, parents and governors
• Hard working students
• An excellent opportunity to develop your career
• CPD opportunities
The Marches School is a successful, forward-thinking 11-18 Academy, with 1,420 students currently on roll. Located in the attractive border town of Oswestry, the school enjoys a semi-rural location, within walking distance of the town centre. In 2013, The Marches opened its doors to the school's first ever Sixth Formers and now delivers a broad range of A-Levels and boasts modern, spacious Sixth Form Facilities.
We are looking for a candidate who can demonstrate:
• An outstanding track record of excellence in learning and teaching
• A passion for Mathematics, understanding how Mathematics can transform young people’s
• A personal authority matched with communication and organisational skills to assist with
leading and managing with impact
• A commitment to raising standards, expectations and achievement
• The ability to assist the Subject Director to implement and evaluate new strategies
• A clear vision and understanding of the needs of young people in a secondary school
There will be an opportunity to visit the school on Monday 15th October at 9.45am. If you would like to attend on this date or for further information, please email HR/Personnel email@example.com
For further information or to apply for the post please visit our online recruitment site via the school’s website www.marchesschool.co.uk (Please note we do not accept CVs).
Closing date for applications is midnight on Wednesday 17th October 2018.
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 23rd October 2018.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.