The Duston School is looking to appoint an Assistant Director of Year, to support pastoral, behavioural and the wellbeing of all students, aiming to remove barriers to learning, and to enable students to achieve their full potential.
You will need skills and experience of dealing/working with young people along with excellent communication skills, patience and resilience and the ability to remain calm and professional when dealing with students, staff and parents.
The school offers competitive working conditions and packages, including:
- Westfield Healthcare Plan.
- Free on-site parking.
- A sensible approach to marking.
- Two faculty away days per year for departmental planning.
- A school meeting calendar that privies year team and faculty meeting time.
- A strong school culture.
- A centralised approach to student care and detentions.
- A knowledge rich curriculum.
- A sensible approach to emails, with no work emails sent at weekends and during the Christmas, Easter and Summer breaks.
- A strong stance on staff CPD, with a real focus on staff subject knowledge.
The Duston School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 18 years