Job Title: Assistant Director – Teaching, Learning and Innovation
Salary: £40,311 to £44,042 (per annum)
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: 37 hours per week
Location: Cross Campus
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for an inspirational leader to join our College in the role of Assistant Director – Teaching, Learning and Innovation.
Educated to degree level, you will have a robust track record of leading on Teaching, Learning & Innovation within a post 16 educational environment with demonstrable experience of delivering excellence and maximising their opportunities for success.
As a strong strategic thinker, you will demonstrate the ability to deliver on the college’s key objectives while inspiring others through high level communication, engagement and partnership skills.
If you share our vision to be outstanding in all that we do and you have the drive, passion, enthusiasm to create something special, then Cheshire College South and West is the place for you to progress your career.
- Leading on Teaching, Learning and Innovation across the College, working with leaders and staff to ensure that delivery, across all College provision, is at a consistently high standard;
• Taking cross- college lead and interest in the latest educational and pedagogical developments, to ensure that teaching practice is current, engaging and innovative;
• Developing and delivering quality improvements projects and activity, in line with the College’s continuous improvement plan and Quality Strategy; and
• Working closely with the Assistant Principal for Quality and the Assistant Director for Quality, to deliver the Quality strategy and programme of work, based on the Quality Calendar.
Key Person Specification Requirements:
- Degree and/or a comparable qualification;
• Evidence of a genuine interest in continuous learning;
• Provide strong, positive and inspirational leadership at College Leadership Team (CLT) level to ensure highly effective quality improvement;
• Be the lead manager for teaching, learning and innovation across the College, by having a strong understanding of the quality of delivery across the breadth of the College’s provision;
• Develop the practice of teachers and assessors to ensure the highest possible academic and technical standards;
• Ability to problem solve both at both an operational and strategic level; and
• Enhanced DBS check.
Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification for full details.
• Access to world-class facilities, the use of cutting-edge technologies and digital platforms;
• Extensive opportunities for upskilling and continuous professional development;
• Competitive salary;
• Pension scheme;
• 35 days holiday (plus bank holidays);
• Professional Development;
• College ‘Count Me In’ social platform;
• Onsite fitness and childcare facilities;
• Onsite Costa, Café, shop, restaurants, hair and beauty salon; and
• Free onsite parking.
How to apply:
Please complete our application form and return it to email@example.com by 9am on 24 September 2021.
The selection process will take place on 4 October 2021.
Cheshire College - South & West is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to provide a DBS Disclosure.
If you wish to discuss any aspects of the role prior to making an application, then please email firstname.lastname@example.org where arrangements will be made for a discussion with the Assistant Principal – Quality and Foundation English & Maths.
Cheshire College - South and West (Ellesmere Port Campus)
Cheshire West and Chester
- Further Education
- Students of age 16+ years
Cheshire College – South & West is the largest provider of post-16 education in the region, offering exciting opportunities to over 11,000 learners and 1,000 Apprentices, who all have access to world-class facilities as a result of a £120m invest...