Position: Assistant Educators and Lead Educators
Position: Full Time Ongoing
Start Date: Immediate start available
Contact: HR Services (07) 4773 0900
There are six St Mary MacKillop Early Learning Centres in the Townsville Diocese.
The centres cater for babies through to children of six years and provide the following:
- Professional, quality educational programs for children
- Kindergarten programs (for children who are least 4 years of age by the 30th June in the year they attend)
- A comfortable environment for parents
- A loving, safe and nurturing environment that will allow children to grow and develop at their own pace
- Professional staff that respect the individuality of children and their families
- A Catholic environment that values the spirituality of children
About the role
We are seeking applicants for passionate and experienced Assistant Educators and Lead Educators to commence with our team for an immediate start in Mount Isa.
As the Assistant Educator:
- Assist in creating a friendly, secure and stimulating environment for the children
- Respect the Lead Educator’s programming methods and styles and reflect initiative through independent suggestions and assist where required
- Treat each child with dignity and respect, taking into account any cultural, socioeconomic or other differences which may arise
- Implement and follow the workplace Health and Safety Policy
As the Lead Educator:
- Create a friendly, secure and stimulating interactive learning environment for all children at all times
- Responsible for implementing the policies, procedures and routines of the service and to sign off as understood. And to also be familiar with evacuation policies and participate enthusiastically in practice.
- Contribute to policy reviews
- To plan and implement a program suitable to the age, needs and interests of the children which reflects the philosophy and goals of St Mary MacKillop Early Learning Centre
- To take daily observations of the individual children and plan from these observations to ensure that the needs, strengths and interests of the individual group are met
- To share the responsibility for the safety of the Centre’s environment and its equipment
- Responsible for the equipment both indoors and outdoors and maintain a hygienic, safe environment for children to play in and staff to work in.
For more information, please see the position descriptions below:
Assistant Educators - Position Description
Lead Educators - Position Description
Required Qualities and Qualifications:
- Catholic faith commitment and practice
- Certificate III or Diploma in Children's Services
- Previous Early Learning Centre experience
- A clear understanding of early childhood development
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing religious formation
How to apply
- Attach your current resume
- Attach a cover letter explaining why you are best suited for the role
Applications close 4.00pm Wednesday 18th September 2019 unless filled prior.