A fantastic development opportunity has arisen for someone to work alongside and support the six pastoral teams at Washwood Heath Academy. You will be working under the direct supervision of the Lead guidance manager / pastoral manager and the Deputy Head of Academy responsible for students personal development, behavior and attitudes. The role will involve the implementation of effective pastoral support for our students. This will include, monitoring attendance, development and monitoring of individual students wellbeing and safety, helping to ensure our high standards of pupil behavior are met and managing the administrative processes involved with supporting the House.
An Assistant Guidance Manager who:
• Passionate about working with children and helping them reach their best potential during their secondary education.
• Excellent I.T Skills.
• Well organised and have a professional approach to work.
• Priortised workloads to meet critical deadlines.
• Experience with working with students in a secondary school setting.
• Excellent communication skills both oral and written are also essential as this role require regular interactions with parents, staff, external support agencies and students.
We will offer you:
• A supportive team within Washwood Heath Academy.
• Opportunities for your own continued professional development.
• Incredibly enthusiastic, well behaved and motivated children.
• Support and guidance from a highly effective leadership team.
• On-site parking.
• Access to Perkbox employee benefits scheme.
• Access to generous pension scheme.
Informal conversations are warmly welcomed. Please contact Mr Steve Hobson, Deputy Head of Academy on 0121 675 7272 to arrange a school visit.