Assistant Head Opportunity L13 – L17
Due to the Covid-19 Pandemic it was not possible for the school to appoint a permanent Assistant Headteacher last year, as we were unable at that stage, to invite external candidates on to our site. Due to the significant change in national guidance we are now delighted to advertise the permanent post of Assistant Headteacher commencing January 1st 2022.
Assistant Head - Teaching and Learning and Engagement
Roles and Responsibilities would include:
• Teaching and learning quality assurance
• Leading the Teacher Improvement Programme (TIP)
• DODDLE and assessment
• Recording and reporting
• Staff reflection and coaching
• Student reflection cycles
• Contributing to safeguarding where appropriate
• Leadership of Wilbraham House
The successful candidate must have the ability to work with all stakeholders (students, staff, parents, governors, outside agencies). Personal skills required for the post will include:
• Being an outstanding teacher.
• Being highly visible and having a personal impact.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Emotional intelligence.
• The capacity for hard work and resilience.
• A sense of humour and perspective.
Personal Attributes: application interview references
• A love of teaching and a passion for supporting the progress of young people * * *
• A commitment to an inclusive ethos with the view that each child matters * * *
• A positive outlook with a clear ‘can do’ outlook *
• A passion for your own learning * * *
• A capacity to ‘think outside the box’ and take risks with confidence * *
• An ability to empower others * *
• A predisposition to see problems as challenges and change as an opportunity * *
• An ability to motivate, coach and support colleagues * * *
• An ability to think strategically * *
• Ambition, energy and enthusiasm * *
• Evidence of effective leadership employing a range of leadership styles * *
The post will be paid at L13 – L17 and the successful candidate will be expected to teach 20 periods.
How do I apply?
First of all, you need to register your intention to apply with Louise Cracknell, the Headteacher’s PA by 12 noon on Monday 13th September 2021. You can contact her by telephone on 01270 611009 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be required to write no more than two sides of A4 explaining what skills, experiences and competencies you would bring to the post.
The deadline for receipt of applications is noon on Friday 17th September 2021. Please send them to Louise Cracknell.
What will the process involve?
Governors and members of SLT will short-list candidates who meet the person specification. They will then be invited to take part in a selection process.
Malbank School and Sixth Form College
- Mainstream school with state - foundation funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years