Assistant Head (Key Stage 1)
Happy students fill the spaces of Al Rabeeh School, whilst enthused educators encourage, challenge and engage our students in a curriculum that is reflective of excellence. It is indeed a privilege to be involved in building the life of an Al Rabeeh student within a school setting that frameworks kindness, tolerance and respect.
Al Rabeeh School is seeking to appoint an outstanding, enthusiastic and kind Assistant Head for KS1 from August 2021.The role of an Assistant Head is extremely varied and you will work alongside a team of experienced leaders to support the school’s continued development.
As the role will carry with it a teaching commitment; we are looking for an outstanding classroom practitioner who has an excellent track record of improving academic standards and pupil outcomes. This presents a great chance to lead teaching and learning by example, having a substantial influence on both staff and children. It is a fantastic opportunity for not only aspiring new leaders who are ready to make the next step in their career but also those who are experienced leaders that have a passion for teaching and learning and have the skills to develop others.
Our new Assistant Head:
• Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Education or other relevant field with a teaching qualification, have at least 5 years’ teaching experience and proven middle leadership responsibility.
• Candidates must also have recent experience either in a UK school, or of teaching the English National Curriculum and it is essential you are a fluent English speaker.
• The energy, drive and resilience to make a tangible difference as an assistant head in a large and ambitious school
• The integrity, moral purpose, presence and emotional intelligence necessary to inspire confidence from staff, students and parents
• Will have the ability to identify and deliver outstanding teaching and role model high expectations; with the ability to identify appropriate support and develop others
• Cares passionately about children and their development maintaining high expectations for attainment and progress
• Demonstrates a pro-active ability to use and interpret data to identify gaps and plan next steps
• Will be challenging, driven and have the enthusiasm and courage to overcome obstacles
• A respect for the views of parents, and an appreciation for the importance of parental engagement and participation in students’ emotional development.
At Al Rabeeh School we are incredibly proud of the way our community works collaboratively to maximise all students’ progress during their time at our school. This is a very exciting time to join us. In recent years, we have made excellent progress and aspire to be rated ‘outstanding’, driven by a core belief that all of our students deserve nothing but the best possible teaching and support in order to be happy, healthy and successful.
We aim to deliver the best quality teaching and learning in a school where staff and students have respect for, and pride in themselves, their school and their community. We offer a full commitment to investing in our teacher’s professional development, providing a bespoke CPD programme in order to ensure all teachers develop the skills to deliver outstanding teaching and learning. Al Rabeeh is a member of British Schools in the Middle East (BSME) and is committed to professional development and the CPD programmes BSME offers.
•Competitive terms of employment and outstanding working conditions
• Competitive salary (tax free)
• Furnished accommodation (including utilities)
• Annual Air fare allowance
• Medical Insurance cover
• Opportunity to work within a team of supportive and creative colleagues
• Excellent professional development and guidance
• End of service gratuity
• Visa arranged by the school
• Other benefits according to experience
Abu Dhabi is a safe, culturally diverse and vibrant city in which to live and work. It offers tax free living and constant sunshine.
Al Rabeeh School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful applicant will be required to undergo child protection screening.
Please attach a recent professional photograph to your application.
Closing date for applications: 04-March-2021 However, interviews may take place ahead of this date so an early application is advantageous. Please provide the detail of 3 references with your application.
While we thank all applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Al Rabeeh School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 12 years
Dear Parents. It is with great pride and excitement that I write this letter of introduction to you as the newly appointed Principal of Al Rabeeh School. I am honoured to have the opportunity to lead a school with such a rich trad...