Job Title: Assistant Head of Year
Start Date: January 2021
Salary: Scale 6, £21,655 - £23,440 (actual salary to reflect hours and weeks worked)
Contract: 37 hours per week Term Time Only plus 5 days, Permanent
Are you seeking a fantastic opportunity to be part of an expanding new and dynamic pastoral team with a clear vision of ‘Positively changing lives’. The core purpose of the role is to deliver strategies, support and interventions that impact on improving our student’s educational, behavioural, social and emotional development and ultimately improve their future life opportunities.
Reddish Vale High School is part of South Manchester Learning Trust, expressed simply the trust is committed to personal growth and academic excellence for all pupils. At Reddish Vale High School, committed staff provide a positive and nurturing environment that inspires a passion for learning, so that every pupil progresses and thrives. Our pupils are encouraged to achieve to their best personally, academically, physically and socially. High expectations and standards are driven through teamwork and underpinned through the school’s core values of, Respect, Aspiration, Determination and Independence.
As Assistant Head of Year, you will work alongside the Heads of Year to collaborate with staff, parents and outside agencies in order to provide support, guidance and interventions that impact on student well-being, personal, social and emotional welfare and improve student behaviour, attendance and punctuality. You will be given training opportunities and development to assist you in providing mentoring, restorative approaches and behaviour modification workshops to support students either individually or as part of a group.
• Have experience of working successfully with students/young people and their families
• Have experience of providing pastoral support/interventions to students
• Have a clear understanding of pastoral and student guidance and support issues in schools.
• Experience of using effective behaviour modification programmes and strategies
• Be able to establish relationships with students and their families
• Have the ability to organise, motivate and inspire students.
We can offer:
• A friendly, supportive and hugely talented whole staff team
• A school with an exciting future and history of continuous improvement
• Outstanding and supportive leadership at all levels
• An inclusive learning ethos
If this sounds like the job for you then come and join us. Please visit our website for further information www.reddish.stockport.sch.uk. Completed applications should returned to email@example.com quoting the post title and your name in the subject line. Please note that CVs will not be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date: 8am Wednesday 9th December 2020
Interview date: w/c 14th December 2020
Our School is committed to safeguarding and protecting the wellbeing of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share their commitment. An enhanced DBS is required for all successful applicants.
Reddish Vale High School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years