Role: Assistant Headteacher: Leader of Learning Key Stage 5
FTE and contract type: 1.0 FTE Permanent
FTE salary: L13 to L17 Fringe applies
Job starts: September 2021
Closing date: 9am 19th April 2021
Selection Day: 22nd April 2021
The Governors of Holy Trinity School seek to appoint a senior leader with the experience and knowledge to lead the school in its development of all aspects of Key Stage 5. This post offers an exciting opportunity to develop our students’ capacity and opportunity to learn and flourish.
Holy Trinity is a Voluntary Aided Church of England school of 1250 students aged 11 to 19. We are a vibrant multi-faith, multi-cultural community underpinned by core Christian values. Our vision is to be a centre of excellence for learning inspired by Christian values where everyone person in our school community fulfills their potential. We pride ourselves in the pastoral care and development of all students. We are located in Crawley, West Sussex.
We are looking for an inspirational senior leader who:
• is passionate about making a real difference to the lives of our students
• understands the various dynamics of the Key Stage 5 landscape
• possess the drive, passion and commitment to lead whole school change whilst maintaining a positive disposition in the support of others
• has a relentless commitment to upholding, nurturing and living out the school’s Vision, Mission and the underpinning elements of Dignity, Community, Wisdom and Hope
• values diversity and the dignity of every individual, recognising their unique God given gifts and talents
• a people orientated leader, able to inspire commitment, enthusiasm and collegiality from all stakeholders
• a starting salary and salary progression in line with the school’s policies on Pay and Appraisal
• a comprehensive induction and a fantastic programme of CPL.
• a supportive, collegiate culture where your enthusiasm, commitment and passion for making a difference to the lives of our students
• an easy commute via public transport from Brighton, other parts of East and West Sussex and from Surrey. Many staff operate car share schemes and we have onsite parking.
We are seeking candidates who will commit to upholding our values and ethos as a faith school; however, although desirable, applicants do not need to be a practising Christian.
Tours of the school can be arranged via HR. Further information about the post and school can be found on the website. http://www.holytrinitycrawley.org.uk
The preferred method of communication in connection with this vacancy is by email. This is how invitations to interview will be sent. Please ensure that you check your emails and junk or spam folders on a regular basis.
Application forms and details about the post are attached and on the website. All enquiries and completed application forms with covering letter/statement should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date or earlier.
NB: Following the face to face selection day there will be a subsequent panel interview day that could be delivered via TEAMS
The Holy Trinity Church of England Secondary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we cooperate with other agencies and initiatives at local and national level. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any successful job applicant will be required to undertake a Disclosure & Barring service check (formerly known as Criminal Records Bureau check) at an enhanced level, in line with all schools across West Sussex. Disclosures include details of cautions, reprimands or final warning as well as convictions, spent or unspent.
Holy Trinity Church of England Secondary School
- Mainstream school with state - voluntary aided funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
Welcome to the Holy Trinity Church of England Secondary School. We are a Voluntary Aided Church school with a rich history and a reputation for excellence.
The school was opened in 1969 by the Queen and is believed to be the first purpose buil...