Assistant Headteacher – Achievement & Outcomes
Leadership Pay Spine - L13-L17
September 2021 Start
We are seeking to appoint an Assistant Headteacher to lead academy ethos and values of Care, Aspire, Succeed through developing and ensuring high standards of performance and outcomes across the academy, creating a culture of continuous improvement and success, and a high standard of education and progress for all.
Working in conjunction with the Senior Leadership Team, the Assistant Headteacher (Achievement & Outcomes) will take primary responsibility for:
- To support all students to drive up educational outcomes across the academy.
- Thoroughly track and monitor student progress at KS4, identifying key groups to target and ensuring necessary interventions are put in place which have a positive impact on student outcomes.
- To inspire and motivate students to achieve educational success and ensure outstanding outcomes for all students at Crofton Academy.
- Ensure that disadvantaged students perform in line with other students nationally.
Your application will need to demonstrate that you are/have:
- Substantial middle or senior leadership experience in a secondary environment with strong evidence of success and impact.
- Experience of leadership of a whole academy initiatives.
- Ability to monitor and evaluate the work of subject leadership at KS4, including direction of the work of subject leaders in their use of assessment, reporting and recording in order to raise standards of achievement.
- An ability to analyse and evaluate assessment and data.
- The ability to motivate, inspiring confidence in students that they can succeed and achieve their personal best.
- An ability to manage conflict and think creatively to solve problems.
- A deep knowledge and clear understanding of educational legislation, innovation and developments.
- An ability to use the full range of leadership skills and qualities including emotional intelligence as appropriate to the situation.
- A personal commitment to inclusion and diversity to ensure the maximum benefits for students and staff.
- An enthusiastic leader, committed to ensuring the best possible outcomes for all students.
- Someone who can provide clear direction and shared purpose for all students, staff and stakeholders.
- A strong commitment to personal development for all staff including yourself.
You will also need to be:
- Supportive of the Academy’s ethos and values at all times both within the Academy and the wider community.
- Committed to inspiring pupils and staff in the development initiatives and strategies, promoting whole academy improvement.
- An excellent communicator who is at ease with all stakeholders but particularly students and parents.
- Able to demonstrate an ability to be resilient and determined whilst also providing support, demonstrating empathy when dealing with staff in a sensitive and considerate manner.
Crofton Academy, is a co-educational comprehensive day academy where the age range of the pupils is 11 to 16. Situated just outside Wakefield with good road links in the sought after village of Crofton. We are popular locally and beyond our catchment area.
Crofton Academy has recently joined Castleford Academy Trust and we are looking forward to working together as a partnership by sharing our practices and resources to help deliver the very best education for the communities we serve. Successful candidates must be willing to work at any of the Trust secondary academies if required.
We are able to offer staff a secure, supportive environment with continuous professional development. If you have the vision and drive for excellence and want to join an Academy where relationships for learning are fundamental to their continued success we would be delighted to hear from you.
The academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. You will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Headteacher: Mr Peter Walker.
All relevant academy information, job description, and application forms can be downloaded from the academy website at www.croftonacademy.org.uk. For further enquiries, please contact Kim Hinchcliffe, at email@example.com.
The closing date for fully completed applications is 12 noon on Wednesday 14th April 2021.
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years