As a result of recent promotion in the Leadership Team, Governors wish to appoint an Assistant Headteacher. This is an exciting time to join this over-subscribed and thriving school which is undergoing a period of development, being a founder member of the Palladian Academy Trust, a group of local schools.
We are looking for a dynamic leader to join our committed and experienced Leadership team.
You will work closely with the Headteacher and Deputy Headteacher to lead the continuous improvement of Ralph Allen School, within the PAT - a learning organisation. This will include:
- to lead and drive the pastoral structure of the school and promote the school’s values through the Ralph Allen Way;
- to lead and promote rewards throughout the school;
- to provide dynamic and effective leadership and management;
- to assist with the development of teaching and learning working closely with the Headteacher and Deputy Headteacher;
- to be responsible for the attendance and punctuality of students.
Additional responsibilities will be discussed at interview, and will be allocated in line with the experience of the successful candidate.
The role would be ideal for a middle leader who is looking for wider opportunities to develop their career.
You will have:
- proven record of excellence of a teacher;
- a passion for pastoral work;
- commitment to and a track record of raising standards, and a clear vision of how to do this;
- ability to lead teams and work as a team member;
- excellent communication skills;
- ambition both for the school and yourself.
With a new Headteacher recently appointed, this is an exciting time to join the school and help in its development.
For further details and application forms please see the school website or phone 01225 838903.
Please return the completed application, electronically, by 9am, Monday 29 January 2018. Interviews will be held week commencing 5 February 2018.
Where the response to an advertisement has been exceptional, occasionally shortlisting and interviews may be arranged at short notice. Candidates are therefore encouraged to submit their application forms as soon as possible.
Ralph Allen is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will need to undertake a criminal record check via the DBS. The Palladian Academy Trust is an equal opportunities employer.