John Hampden Grammar School is seeking to appoint an inspirational, dynamic and enthusiastic Assistant Headteacher to join our senior leadership team who wholeheartedly supports the school’s aims of enhancing and enriching the lives of the young men who attend.
The successful candidate will be an exceptional leader who is ready for a new challenge and able to demonstrate strategic leadership and management skills alongside having the drive and ambition to help lead JHGS through its next stage of development.
Strategic leadership of the curriculum across Key Stage 3-5 including timetabling. Delivery of the Digital Strategy to support the schools aims and ethos and enable staff and students to work effectively and efficiently.
Whilst the successful candidate will have a proven track record of success as both a teacher and a leader, they will also:
- Value a broad curriculum which is rich and stimulating and appreciate the impact a wealth of extra-curricular opportunities has on pupils
- Have a proactive approach to maximising opportunities for the school
- Thrive on challenge with resilience and reflection
- Have the inclination to remain positive and solution focused
- Show drive, tenacity and the ability to realise ambitions
- Be an engaging and visible leader who will quickly earn the respect of colleagues, students and parents and other agencies
Honest, integrity, resilience and good-humour are essential personal qualities.
The challenges met and the experience gained in fulfilling this post at JHGS will be rewarding and will provide excellent preparation for colleagues wishing to progress their career further. As Assistant Head, the post-holder will be asked to advise on all matters of school policy, procedure and routine, sharing broad operational and strategic responsibility for the management of the School and for its development.
JHGS is an outstanding school with above national average results at GCSE and A level. We have a positive P8 score and significant value added at A level. The broad and balanced curriculum is enhanced by an extensive extra-curricular programme reflecting the importance placed on developing the whole child and preparing them for the 21st century world.
Start date: September 2019
If you feel you have the skills and commitment to support us in getting the best from our pupils then we would love to hear from you. Interested candidates are most welcome to visit the school and visits can be arranged through the school office (email@example.com)