‘Faith is at the heart of all we do’
- Are you an excellent teacher who cares deeply about the ‘development of the whole child’?
- Do you want to work across two forward thinking schools where your drive and energy will make a real difference?
- Will you be an innovative leader who inspires our school communities?
St Edmund’s and St Benet’s schools are thriving Catholic primary schools in the towns of Bungay and Beccles, Suffolk. We are part of the St. John the Baptist Catholic Multi-Academy Trust with 5 other schools, who work collaboratively and are provided with excellent professional development opportunities. Staff and governors are committed to provide the best education for our children, with innovation and aspiration always a focus. Due to the promotion of the current postholder to Executive Headship, the Governors wish to appoint an excellent teacher with a proven track record of outstanding classroom practice who is child centred and will support our school values. The governing body are looking for an exceptional individual who can help us to build upon these strong foundations.
We are looking for someone to come with fresh ideas and approaches that will take us forward on our journey, with many exciting opportunities ahead. You will have the privilege of supporting our new Executive Headteacher in developing the school further in the pursuit of excellence in all areas.
You will join our schools with:
- A strong commitment to Catholic education (if applying for the post of Deputy Head the candidate must be a practising Catholic).
- Consistently excellent classroom practice resulting in high levels of pupil engagement and progress.
- A dedication to leading and promoting high quality teaching and learning.
- An ability to identify school improvement priorities and strategically plan for their development
- The ability to inspire and motivate others.
In return we can offer:
- A welcoming environment with a distinctive Catholic ethos
- The opportunity to work across two committed schools within a supportive MAT
- An innovative and outward looking approach to school improvement
- Friendly, happy pupils who are engaged in their learning, have a thirst for knowledge and believe in a growth mindset
- Staff who are dedicated to high standards of teaching and learning.
- Active Governors who are committed to their role as strategic leaders.
- Parents who work in partnership with the school.
Visits to our schools are warmly encouraged and welcomed, our new Executive Headteacher Mrs Sam Barlow will show you around and is happy to have an informal chat. To arrange a visit please contact the office on either St Edmund’s 01986 892502 or St Benet’s 01502 712012.
For further details and an application form, please visit either website: http://www.st-edmundsrc.suffolk.sch.uk or http://www.st-benets.suffolk.sch.uk
Alternatively, an application pack can be downloaded from the related information section.
Please return completed applications to St Edmund’s Primary School, St Mary’s Street, Bungay, Suffolk, NR35 1AY.
Closing date: Friday 20th April at 12pm
Interview Date: Friday 27th April
Applicants should be supportive of our ethos. St John the Baptist CMAT welcomes applications from members of minority ethnic communities and those with disabilities. The MAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. You will be subject to DBS checks along with relevant employment checks.