Salary: £54,622 to £60,168 per annum (L11 to L15)
Hours: 1 FTE
Contract term: Permanent
Start date: September 2021
Wilsthorpe School is a high-performing academy that is well on the path to becoming an outstanding school. Everyone in the school believes in our journey of improvement and shares common goals. Strong relationships exist between students and staff which are open, warm and friendly and these relationships have led to excellent attitudes to learning.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Senior Leadership Team at Wilsthorpe School as Assistant Headteacher, who will lead on Safeguarding, personal development and oversight of the work of the Sixth Form. As Assistant Head Teacher you will hold a crucial leadership position within the organisational structure of the school and in this role you will work in partnership with parents/carers, staff, students, governors and a range of other stakeholders, inspiring everyone to create a high performance culture and adopting an ethos where achievement, excellence and inclusion are embedded into everything we do.
We are seeking to appoint a leader who sets high professional standards for themselves and others through their actions, has a clear vision and moral purpose who will work collaboratively to further improve standards at our school. An understanding of the drive and commitment to ensure that high standards are met through the continued development of a vibrant, research-based and reflective CPD and training programmes is essential. If you have the skills, ambition and experience to rise to this exciting challenge, we would encourage you to apply.
Why join us?
Our academy is part of The Two Counties Trust. The Trust has a forward-thinking HR strategy with all the professional benefits that this brings for our staff. We make a significant investment in all of our employees to ensure we can recruit and retain the most talented people. We offer:
- Highly competitive pay and pay progression opportunities. Our salaries for leadership and teachers on the Upper Pay Scale and in receipt of a TLR are above national pay scales.
- Free car parking.
- An increasing array of employee benefits and lifestyle options including discounted healthcare, gym membership and extensive high street retail discounts.
- The ability to request flexible working.
- Entry to a career average pension scheme.
- A full induction and a strong commitment to your professional development.
- Opportunities to experience and share practice in our partner schools across the Trust.
- A stimulating, supportive and rewarding working environment with a dedicated team of like-minded professionals; the successful candidate will join an established network of SENCOs across the Trust.
- Excellent opportunities to develop your skills and to progress your career.
The closing date for applications is: Thursday 15 April 2021
Interviews will be held on: Wednesday 21 April 2021
We are committed to the safeguarding of all children and young people. Any offer of employment will be subject to the receipt of a satisfactory Enhanced DBS disclosure, receipt of references and successful completion of vetting procedures.
We are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and candidates who meet the minimum job criteria will be given an opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at interview.
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years