The Executive Headteacher and Governors at Newington Green and Rotherfield Primary Schools would like to appoint an Assistant Headteacher (Digital Strategy) for January 2020, or before if possible.
The postholder will be part of the Senior Leadership Team across the partnership of the 2 schools. We will consider qualified teachers and non-qualified specialists (pay will be equivalent).
In this role you will develop the infrastructure and capacity of staff to share good practice and resources through cloud based learning] (Microsoft 365 is our main tool for this). You will further develop the work to significantly cut teacher workload in both schools, as teachers share resources in the cloud to teach the same curriculum. You will promote the use of technology at all levels of the organisation, delivering and brokering training, managing technical support providers and helping us prepare staff and children for the future of learning!
You will spend 2 days a week working with teachers and support staff as a consultant across the schools to develop tech use to support staff. For 3 days a week you will work with children in both schools to deliver specialist teaching of computing. In this role you would be responsible for the quality of computing teaching across both schools, as well as the professional development of staff in the use of technology across all lessons. This role mixes direct teaching during the week with supporting staff for a proportion of the week to develop their practice in the use of technology to support learning.
We have a computing space in each school, and are investing heavily in regular upgrades to kit and packages.
We are looking for someone who:
- Can see the big picture of how technology can support staff and children to be more effective leaders and learners
- Can lead- staff, stakeholders, children- even SLT sometimes! You must be great at working with others!
- Can manage the technical support provider, so that we get the best support for staff and children
- Can engage children through a range of age groups in learning in your specialist area, through good quality lessons.
- Can support develop the curriculum for your specialist area, which will allow children to build on skills over their time at school.
- Can co-ordinate wider experiences for children across the schools for example competitions, visits or experiences linked to your area.
In return we can offer you:
- Schools committed to your professional learning/development
- Schools who are well equipped and investing in technology
- Vibrant and creative place to work
- A stable and supportive leadership team across both schools
- Schools at the heart of their communities
Visits to the schools are actively encouraged please contact either school office to arrange a time.
Please apply online at http://jobs.islington.gov.uk/disciplines following the jobs link. If you need any assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference RTH/447.
Closing Date: Midnight 29th September 2019
Interviews: 8th and 9th October 2019
Newington Green and Rotherfield Primary Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) with barred list check is required for all successful applicants.