Pay Range: Leadership Pay Scale Point L13-L17
We are seeking to appoint an Assistant Headteacher to join our Senior Leadership Team. The position will suit you if you have recent comprehensive school experience of leadership at senior leader level or post of equivalent responsibility within the education sector.
The start date for this post is 1st January 2020
We're looking for you if you have:
• Experience of leading whole school change and innovation in an educational context;
• Substantial and sustained professional development in support of leadership at senior/whole school level;
• Ability to inspire and motivate students and staff;
• Ability to create a culture and ethos of challenge and support where all students can achieve success and become engaged in their own learning.
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Role Specification).
What we can offer:
• A competitive Salary;
• Employee benefits: Pension Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme;
• A full continuous Professional Development Programme;
• Training Opportunities through our membership of The Sigma Trust.
The Philip Morant and College is an oversubscribed, mixed comprehensive, in north-east Essex. The school has served the town of Colchester for over half a century and has a tradition, not only of excellence in education but also caring for its young people. Philip Morant is a happy school in which, overwhelmingly, students feel safe and achieve well.
We have made significant progress since our last Ofsted inspection, including a set of examination results that are the best they have been for many years.
For additional information about our school, please visit The Sigma Trust website
Please note that applications can only be accepted on the attached Sigma Trust Application form.
Closing Date: Tuesday 22nd October 2019
Interview Date: Thursday 24th October 2019
The Sigma Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our schools.