Assistant Headteacher – Ethos & Achievement KS4
Closing Date: 16 April 2021
Proposed Start Date: 1 September 2021
Salary: Leadership Scale 11-15
Contract type: Full Time and Permanent
Assistant Headteacher – Ethos & Achievement KS4 is a new role within the school and is representative of the school’s vision to ensure that every student meets their true potential at every Key Stage. This role will report directly to the Deputy Head Teacher – Ethos & Achievement.
To be successful for this position you will need to:
- Have a proven track record of raising student standards and a flair for Teaching and Learning, and be able to demonstrate this success at interview
- Be an outstanding leader with drive, energy and ambition, inspiring students and staff to strive for continuous improvement and outstanding outcomes for all
- Be able to develop quickly as a credible leader and have the ability to foster professional, influential relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Be able to demonstrate that you have worked collaboratively and are committed to work in partnership with the Senior Leadership Team and the wider Federation
We offer a broad and balanced curriculum and are firmly committed to establishing first class standards and are proud of our achievements. Our expectations are high and this is reflected in our very successful academic record. The School was inspected in June 2013 under the new framework and was judged 'Outstanding’ in all areas and continues to be so. The Downs School is a stimulating and friendly environment to work in and also offers an excellent established induction and CPD programme.
The Downs School is a Foundation, 11-18 comprehensive school and is a successful, oversubscribed and popular school serving the Downs area of West Berkshire. Currently the roll is over 1300 with a well-established and successful sixth form. The school is in a beautiful rural setting with good road links to Newbury, Reading, Didcot and Oxford – just 10 minutes from the A34.
As well as the completed and signed application form, we would request that in support of your application you provide a covering letter indicating how you meet the requirements of an Assistant Headteacher at The Downs School. Please return your applications by 16 April to Mrs N Kenyon, Personnel Manager at the above address or e-mail at email@example.com
The Downs School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Successful applicants will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Check through the DBS and provide evidence that they have a right to work in the UK.
The Downs School
- Mainstream school with state - foundation funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
About The Downs School
The Downs School and Sixth Form is a co-educational, non-denominational school set in the heart of the West Berkshire Downs. We provide a balanced approach to the pursuit of excellence by offering an interesting, challenging an...