“Harrow Way continues to be a good school. Senior and Middle Leaders are resolute in ensuring all pupils make good progress. A dedicated group of staff, led by an exceptional Headteacher.” Ofsted May 2017
We are seeking to appoint a talented and dynamic practitioner as Assistant Headteacher for Teaching, Learning and Professional Development from September 2019 to complement our ambitious, forward-thinking and dynamic leadership team. We are seeking an individual with the capacity and credibility to drive forwards the ambition, ethos and vision of the school, with a commitment to their own and others professional development.
We are an oversubscribed, happy and ambitious school, excited about the future of education with a realistic determination to become outstanding in the next few years. You will have an eye for detail, capacity to think strategically and a deep personal commitment to education. It goes almost without saying that the successful applicant will be able to lead by example and have a track record of excellence in teaching and school leadership.
You will be expected to play a key role in ensuring that our students build on their potential and achieve academic excellence. This opportunity allows you to be at the heart of shaping the future success of the school.
Harrow Way Community School’s commitment to the highest standards in teaching and learning has been recognised by the Teacher Development Trust Network (TDNT). Receiving high praise from the auditors, the school was awarded their prestigious Silver Award.
Commenting on their visit to the school where auditors interviewed teaching and support staff, they said: “Thank you for a very engaging and enjoyable visit to Harrow Way Community School. I was heartened to see a strong commitment to professional learning supported by senior leaders who are proactive in modelling CPD and understand that professional development is on-going for teachers of all experiences. It was a pleasure to talk to staff about their own professional learning.”
The auditors went on to highlight Harrow Way’s many strengths, including the strong and supportive culture at the school where all staff understand the importance of quality CPD (continuing professional development) and how this positively impacts on students. The report also acknowledged the clear leadership of CPD at Harrow Way with the Senior Leadership Team’s vision and rationale of CPD articulated well to staff, who all know who to approach with any professional development queries.
We are looking for an inspiring leader who has:
- The ability to inspire students of all ages and abilities.
- A track record of successful school development within a school.
- The ability to think creatively, strategically and analytically.
- Energy, enthusiasm and enjoyment in tackling new challenges and leading change.
- The ability to work in close partnership with teams across the school, implementing our vision of Improvement for Harrow Way.
- Demonstrated high expectations, capable of both securing and maintaining high standards of pupil achievement, attainment and behaviour.
- Able to develop and establish excellent relationships with Governors, the community and other stakeholders.An outstanding practitioner, with a passion for teaching and learning, able to demonstrate excellent classroom skills and a proven record of pupil progress.
Harrow Way Community School can offer:
- A strong sense of community with the welfare of others at its heart.
- The willingness to engage in fresh approaches and the capacity to improve.
- Supportive team of staff and Governors with the potential and desire to be outstanding.
- A belief in partnership.
- A desire to raise aspirations.
- An excellent opportunity to develop your leadership skills.
We strongly encourage potential applicants to visit us. To arrange such a visit, or for an informal discussion regarding the post, please contact Mrs Tracey Roberts, Personnel Officer, on 01264 364533.
Application packs are available via the school website:
Closing date: 12 noon, Monday 25th March 2019.
Shortlisted candidates will be notified on following the closing date. Interviews will be conducted over two dates with successful candidates progressing to the second day.
Harrow Way Community School and Hampshire County Council are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.