Full Time / Permanent
Salary: Outer London Leadership Scale (L1 - £45,542 to L11 - £57,436)
At Roxbourne, we strive to provide a transformational education and rich opportunities which will ensure our pupils leave primary and start secondary school on a path which ensures real life choices at 16, 18 and beyond. We are therefore looking for a passionate leader who understands that the leadership of teaching and learning at all stages can make a significant and life changing impact on young people’s lives.
We have been judged to be ‘Good’ by Ofsted (February 2020) and pupils are making strong progress. At Roxbourne, we are constantly redefining what is possible for our pupils, in doing so, we have introduced a structured and consistent phonics programme, developed and launched an innovative whole class reading programme and we are embedding a knowledge-rich curriculum in humanities.
Our Senior Leaders value and demonstrate resilience, consistency and an excellent work ethic. You will share their focus and passion for the bigger picture. You will quickly establish your reputation both within and outside the school, providing a visible, credible and motivating presence. You will have the ability to inspire those around you with your passion, subject knowledge, team ethic and commitment to the highest standards. You will have the capacity to challenge, support and inspire.
You will lead EYFS and KS1 or KS2 as well as a whole school area(s) of responsibility which might include; Safeguarding and Inclusion (including SEND) or Teaching, Learning and Assessment. Areas of responsibility are negotiable based on skills, knowledge and experience.
Roxbourne will offer:
● a highly ambitious leadership team who have had a transformational impact on the school
● a school, very recently judged to be ‘Good’ by Ofsted (February 2020)
● a significant commitment to your professional development supporting your completion of recognised qualifications including NPQSL, NPQH and NASENDCo
● a staff Google Chromebook (and a Google school)
● a well-resourced school on an impressive site which includes; multiple playgrounds, a school field and dedicated classrooms for music, art / DT, food technology as well as a library, a computing suite and multiple small group rooms
● commitment towards achieving a healthy work / life balance
● a parent community with high aspirations and children with exemplary behaviour
We would very much like to hear from you if you share our vision, values and enthusiasm. An application form, job description and person specification are available from the school website: www.roxbourneprimaryschool.co.uk/vacancies-1. For further information or a confidential discussion, please contact the school via email (email@example.com).
Closing Date: Friday 22nd January at 09:00 - To apply, please email a completed application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Recruitment Day: Tuesday 26th January
Start Date: April 2021 (or earlier if available sooner)
Roxbourne is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to complete an enhanced DBS disclosure and provide references. CVs are not accepted.
Roxbourne Primary School
- Mainstream school with state - community funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 11 years