Assistant Headteacher – Lead for Maths (with whole school responsibilities)
To start in January 2020 (or earlier)
We are seeking to appoint an inspirational and enthusiastic leader to join our school at a crucial stage of its development. This post will attract those candidates seeking to make a real, positive change to student outcomes. The successful candidate will be someone who is not afraid to ‘shake things up’ and shape the structure and direction of Maths at the school.
This is a critical appointment and it represents an excellent career development opportunity for a candidate with existing leadership experience seeking whole school responsibilities and to further their career into senior leadership. The core purpose of the role is to provide effective leadership and to be accountable for the learning and achievement of all students following programmes of study in Mathematics at key stage 3,4 & 5. The successful candidate will also line manage the Head of Enterprise, and further agree specific whole school responsibilities with the headteacher in order to aid their professional development as a senior leader.
We aim to recruit staff who:
- Are excited by their role and by the prospect of challenging young people to achieve their very best
- Love the processes of teaching and learning and are keen to continually develop their own skills;
- Recognise that teaching can be a demanding job and react positively to those demands;
- Will subscribe to the ethos of the School and be committed to get the very best from our students;
- Take every opportunity, in and out of the classroom, to talk to students, model expected behaviours and build positive relationships with all
- Are quick to praise and slow to criticise
- Are not afraid to admit to seeing themselves as potential whole school leaders of the future.
As the core purpose of this role involves substantive subject leadership, we have a particular interest in recruiting an existing leader or outstanding teacher who can demonstrate significant leadership potential, who:
- Can inspire and motivate a talented team;
- Is able to juggle the demands of leadership with a teaching timetable;
- Can build on the rapid improvements made in the faculty over the past three years.
If you would like to know more about this vacancy, or about the school itself, please don’t hesitate to get in touch. We would love to give you a tour, or to put you in touch with the acting faculty leader who will be more than happy to give you a call to discuss the role. Email Diane Orton, email@example.com for more information, or to submit your application.
You can find out more information on our website here: http://www.lutterworthcollege.com/Vacancies/Teaching-Staff/
The closing date for all applications is Sunday 6th October (midnight)
Interviews will take place during October.
Lutterworth College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of appointment will be conditional upon employment checks, including an enhanced DBS disclosure, satisfactory references and evidence of your right to work in the UK.