The Marches Academy Trust is seeking to appoint an Assistant Headteacher. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing Trust at a key phase in its development, to gain valuable experience and career development. The School is seeking to appoint a passionate and inspirational individual with exceptional leadership qualities to this key role in the future development of the school. Roles and responsibilities will be determined based upon the strengths of the successful candidate.
Applications are sought from candidates who:
• Hold at least 5 years teaching experience (secondary)
• Think creatively to anticipate and solve problems
• Demonstrable evidence of effectively raising the standards of attainment, progress or learning and teaching
• Possess successful experience of visioning, planning and implementing change
• Effectively line manage other staff
• Maintain a clear vision and understanding of the needs of young people in a secondary school environment
• Possess excellent classroom teaching skills and a record of strong outcomes
• Excellent leadership, motivational and communication skills
• Display a caring attitude towards staff, students and parents
• Have high expectations of self and others
Our staff set the highest standards in behaviour and achievement for all pupils in a supportive environment in which children are treated as individuals. The curriculum is designed to provide everyone with choices at each stage in their development. We celebrate success and encourage all pupils to develop broader life skills, investing in the whole child. We are incredibly proud of the achievements of all our pupils and trust that you will feel the same as we work together to ensure the successful future for them.
At The Marches Academy Trust we can offer:
• An ‘Outstanding’ curriculum offering students a strong core entitlement in English, Mathematics and Science
• A full extra-curricular programme with opportunities for enrichment activities for all
• An excellent opportunity for continued personal development through our Talent Pathway, including NPQ qualifications.
• A wide range of staff benefits
• Excellent resources and facilities
• An enthusiastic and supportive team of staff, parents and governors
The Marches School is a successful, forward-thinking 11-18 Academy, with 1,420 students currently on roll. Located in the attractive border town of Oswestry, the school enjoys a semi-rural location, within walking distance of the town centre. In 2013, The Marches opened its doors to the school's first ever Sixth Formers and now delivers a broad range of A-Levels and boasts modern, spacious Sixth Form Facilities.
There will be an opportunity for those interested in applying, to visit the school on Thursday 11th April 2019 at 2.00pm. If you would like to attend on this day or if you have any other queries, please email Julia Hipkiss, HR Administrator on firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information or to apply for the post please visit our online recruitment site via the school’s website www.marchesschool.co.uk (Please note we do not accept CVs).
Closing date for applications is midnight on Thursday 25th April 2019.
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 1st May 2019.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.