Aylesbury High School is a forward-thinking girls’ grammar school that values both academic & pastoral excellence and co-curricular opportunities. We believe that our high-quality teaching and learning lies at the heart of our ‘outstanding’ school. We offer a broad and balanced curriculum that enables our students to excel in whichever pathway they choose to follow; we promote a STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Maths) agenda.
We feel our results speak for themselves and we would like you to be part of our team that prepares students for the tests of life rather than a life of tests. We see our academic excellence as one of three facets we offer:
Holistic view of education
Safe and Inclusive school
We have strong community and international links, and a commitment to excellence. Our aim is to Inspire every student to seek Challenge, realise their potential and Prepare for a world of today and tomorrow.
You will join our school at an exciting time with an emphasis on building on the outstanding education we already offer. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the 5 year ‘20:20 Vision for AHS’.
This is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated and inspirational colleague, who believes in great pastoral care, to join the Leadership Team at Aylesbury High School (AHS). The successful candidate will enhance the pastoral provision, lead on rewards and recognition, participate in all aspects of the school’s leadership and be part of the Designated Safeguarding Team.
We require someone with the following qualities:
- A proven track record of leading, motivating and inspiring both staff and students
- A strong, determined & professional work ethic
- The vision, and proven ability to lead and shape the future of the school as a whole and to further improve the quality of the education we offer
- The ability to build good relationships with students, parents and colleagues
- An excellent understanding of the needs of our students with wellbeing and inclusivity being at the heart of everything we do
- Strong ICT skills
- A holistic view of education, recognising the importance of co-curricular enrichment
In return, we can offer you:
- Highly skilled, professional, friendly and supportive colleagues
- A strong commitment to continuing professional development
- The opportunity to teach well-behaved and highly motivated students, who are enthusiastic about learning and have a desire to succeed
- The opportunity to make a real difference to our students’ learning experiences
- The opportunity to get involved in other school activities such as school productions, trips, Duke of Edinburgh Awards etc
Staff welfare is important to us and we offer corporate gym membership and the ‘Cycle to Work Scheme’, as well as having a Staff Wellbeing Committee and social events. We are a ‘Google Reference School���, with training and support provided to all staff.
If you are shortlisted for this post, you will also be required to complete a self-disclosure form as part of the recruitment process; this will not be used for shortlisting purposes.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The appointment will be subject to references that are satisfactory for the advertised post, an enhanced DBS check with a Child Barred List check, identity checks, prohibition orders and qualification checks as appropriate.
Closing date: Wednesday 19 May 9 am
Shortlisting: Wednesday 19 & 20 May
Interviews: Thursday 27 May
Aylesbury High School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Girls school with students of age 11 - 19 years
Aylesbury High School is a friendly community with a real sense of purpose, preparing students for life in a fast-moving world which they will play a major role in shaping and leading. We serve the towns and villages of Aylesbury Vale and the n...