Required for: September 2019
Closing date: Wednesday 24th April 2019, 5pm
Start date: September 2019
Salary: Leadership Scale L11-L15 £58,787 to £63,987 (Inner London)
Contract type: Full Time, Permanent
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Highshore School for a new, full time Assistant Headteacher.
Highshore is a mixed 11-19 school for pupils with complex mixed needs. We have 144 pupils on roll who have a variety of needs including Down’s syndrome, Autism, ADHD and complex medical needs. Many have significant learning difficulties. The majority of our pupils have speech and language difficulties. A growing number of pupils need support with activities of daily living. We use Makaton signing in many of our classes to facilitate communication. We are a happy and creative school.
The successful candidate will
• Be accountable for securing the highest standards of learning and teaching
• Be accountable for raising standards through leadership of school improvement areas.
• Be able to demonstrate effective and creative leadership of teams in order to secure sustainable school improvement
• A key leadership role
• Tailor-made training opportunities and career development to enable progression
• Mentoring & support from an experienced headteacher
• Professional, friendly and supportive staff
• Strong school leadership team
The successful candidate must
• Have substantial middle or senior management experience in a special school
• Be an excellent practitioner who can provide evidence of excellent classroom experience
• Have high expectations of all children
• Be able to inspire, motivate and influence staff and students
We welcome visits to the school. Further information about this post and arrangements for visits can be made by contacting the Headteacher, Eileen Ollieuz on 020 7708 6790
No agencies and C.V.’s are not accepted