Assistant Headteacher (Teaching and Learning)
L12 - L16 (£55,338 - £61,166)
Required for start in September 2021
The Boswells School is looking to appoint an outstanding Assistant Headteacher to lead and further develop our teaching and learning provision.
The Boswells School is an 11-18, very successful, popular and oversubscribed school in the Springfield area of Chelmsford, Essex. The school has a long standing reputation for achieving high levels of academic excellence and was judged to be ‘Good’ in all areas by OFSTED in February 2017. This role is crucial to the continued progress of the school towards outstanding.
You will be joining a school with enthusiastic and dedicated leaders at senior and middle leadership levels and a commitment to the professional development and well-being of staff.
This is a unique opportunity for a highly motivated colleague to develop their career and enclosed with this letter is a job description for the role. This post is an excellent opportunity for a current middle or senior leader to develop their leadership and management skills. If you believe that you have the necessary, drive and are seeking an opportunity to develop your leadership skills then I look forward to receiving your application.
As well as completing the application form, I would like you to provide a letter of application that covers the following areas:
• Your previous leadership experience and the skills and qualities you will bring to the role.
• How you would develop teaching and learning at The Boswells School to make it truly outstanding.
Please ensure that your letter covers the areas listed above as well as any other information you feel is relevant to your application.
The deadline for applications is Midday on Monday 1st March and interviews will take place on Thursday 4th and Friday 5th March, via Microsoft Teams.
The Chelmsford Learning Partnership is committed within its schools to:
• Safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety, and the spiritual and cultural development of children and young people;
• Promoting equality of opportunity and community cohesion where the diversity of different backgrounds and circumstances is appreciated and positively valued;
• The fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance for those with different faiths and beliefs
and expects all staff, volunteers and other workers to share in this commitment.
As a trust, we welcome applications from colleagues from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from colleagues from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) backgrounds and people that identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender plus (LGBT+) as these groups are currently underrepresented in our trust.
In compliance with safer recruitment procedures and guidelines, all applications must be made on an application form, CVs will not be accepted. This appointment will be subject to pre-employment checks including an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and satisfactory references. The Chelmsford Learning Partnership is an equal opportunities employer.
The Boswells School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
The Boswells School is an extremely popular, academically successful, over-subscribed 11-18 school in Chelmsford.
We are an exciting, dynamic and forward thinking school community whose sole focus is the success of each of our students. We are extrem...