Lymm High School is a well-established, 11-18 school with over 1950 students (400 in the 6th form) and exceptional resources, including 28 acres of beautiful grounds, a swimming pool, leisure complex and our own residential centre in Anglesey. Rapid and sustained improvement in recent years led to a Progress 8 score of 0.56 in 2019, with 9-4 and 9-5 basics measures at 70% and 90% respectively.
Lymm High School is also a lovely place in which to work; in addition to our good fortune with our physical surroundings, staff are exceptionally positive, committed and supportive. The potential here is immense and the successful applicant will have a key role in our continued development at a crucial time.
Following the appointment of the previous postholder to deputy headship, we are looking to appoint an assistant headteacher who has:
• A thorough understanding of what excellent teaching entails and how best to support colleagues in improving their practice
• A similarly sound understanding of how to build a rich and appropriately challenging curriculum across a school
• A secure track record of delivering excellent levels of achievement (most likely as a head of department)
• The energy, drive and resilience to make a tangible difference as an assistant head in a large and ambitious school
• The integrity, moral purpose, presence and emotional intelligence necessary to inspire confidence from staff, students and parents
The specific responsibilities will be decided according to the particular strengths of the successful candidate, but the primary focus will be on developing the quality of teaching and the curriculum across the school.
Please see the linked documents or our website for further details, including a letter from the
Headteacher. If, prior to submitting an application, you would like to see for yourself why we believe this is such a fabulous school in which to work and why the post itself is so exciting, then do not hesitate to contact us to arrange a (socially distanced) visit.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this legal requirement. The successful applicant's appointment will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment clearances including a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
For further details and an application form please visit: www.lymmhigh.org.uk
Application forms should be returned to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 9am Friday 26th February 2021
Interview Dates: TBC (dependent on latest situation regarding schools re-opening)
Please note that, due to the volume of applications we tend to receive, we will only be able to contact candidates who have been selected for interview.
Lymm High School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
About Lymm High School
Lymm High School is a non-selective, co-educational, non-denominational secondary academy for children aged 11-18. It is situated in Lymm, Cheshire, and has just under 1,900 students on its roll, including nearly 360 in t...