Employer: Genesis Education Trust
Location: Waltham Forest and Barking
Are you an ambitious and inspiring leader who is passionate about teaching and learning? We are seeking to appoint a dynamic and inspirational Assistant Head Teacher to join our strong and supportive Senior Leadership Team to work across the Trust.
Genesis Education Trust is an expanding collection of outstanding and good schools in East London with a fantastic track record of training and progression opportunities. We are fully committed to professional development and, as a Teaching School, we are able to offer many exciting opportunities to further develop your leadership and educational interests. As Church of England primary schools the successful candidate will follow the Christian ethos of the Trust.
The successful candidate will be an outstanding classroom practitioner, who has the ability to share, model and demonstrate the key characteristics of effective teaching and learning. Leading positively, professionally and enthusiastically you will support the schools in maintaining high standards across all phases.
Successful candidates must have previous experience of leading a phase, year group or core subject with demonstrable success. You will be secure in all aspects of the role of Classroom Teacher and have experience of being a role model and coach to others. If you have initiative, enthusiasm and ambition we would encourage you to apply for this post
Our new AHT will need to show:
• Successful teaching experience
• Inspirational leader
• Outstanding creative practitioner
• Enthusiastic and keen to progress
• Detailed knowledge of teaching and learning and an ability to move the practice of others forward
• Experience of leading teams of staff
• Ability to motivate and inspire colleagues
• Effective communication skills to connect successfully with parents and the wider community
• Talent to think creatively and imaginatively, anticipating and solving problems
• Support for our Christian ethos and be able to continue the strong links with our churches
We can offer:
• A creative, welcoming and supportive team
• Outreach opportunities
• Close links with the church and local community
• Enthusiastic, well-behaved pupils who are eager to learn
• Hardworking, motivated and positive colleagues.
• A well informed and supportive governing body who are committed to the development of all staff
• Supportive parents with high aspirations of their children and our school
If you are ambitious, successful and excited by school improvement, please contact the Alison Brown using the contact details below to arrange a visit.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening, including checks with past employers and Disclosure and Barring Service .
References will be taken up before interviews are offered.
Miss Alison Brown
Closing date: 23rd April at 9am
Interviews/ observations: 26th April