Assistant Headteacher X 2
(Teaching & Learning) & (Assessment)
Smallwood is a two form entry school in a vibrant and diverse community. We have an ongoing commitment to improving standards for all pupils and to further developing our provision and drive to meet their needs. The Teaching and Learning role will primarily focus on curriculum development within Learning and Teaching and the assessment role will primarily focus on Assessment and its strategic impact; however these may be redefined depending on the needs of the school. The successful applicants will provide outstanding leadership of learning, teaching and assessment to ensure the active participation, learning and achievement of all pupils in our inclusive
The successful candidate will need to:
- Be an exemplary teacher
- Have a proven record of strong management and leadership skills, particularly in relation to Inclusion
- Have a passion for children’s learning and development
- Be able to accept challenges, inspire and motivate others
- Have a desire to achieve and raise standards
- Be a committed team member
- Have the ability to engage the whole school community
- Be prepared to bring fresh perspectives to new Education initiatives
- A caring and supportive whole school community, culturally diverse and inclusive
- A dynamic and dedicated staff, committed to pupil success
- A creative environment, open to innovation
- Excellent opportunities for professional development and career progression
Visits to the school are encouraged where you will be warmly welcomed by a member of our team. To arrange a visit please contact the School Office on 020 8672 6024 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We are recruiting two AHT posts, please indicate which post you prefer or if you would consider both.
An information pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below. Alternatively an application pack can be found on the Wandsworth Council website https://jobs.richmondandwandsworth.gov.uk/
Completed application should be returned to the school by email email@example.com
Closing Date: 16 September 2018 (at midnight)
Provisional Interview: 21 September 2018
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to a DBS check.
CVs are not accepted.
Smallwood Primary School & Children’s Centre
Tooting SW17 0TW
Tel: 020 8672 6024
Fax: 020 8682 2065
Headteacher: Mrs F Loudon