Assistant Headteacher, Elsley Primary School, Brent
At Elsley we value high-quality learning and achievement, together with a powerful moral development of sharing and respecting others.
Are you passionate about providing every child with the opportunity to succeed? Are you committed to our vision and values? Would you like to play a key role in leading our future development?
We are looking for a successful leader with highly-developed inter-personal skills to join our strong and dynamic leadership team as we continue our expansion to four forms of entry. If you are excited by challenge, an inspirational teacher who can lead by example, and have a strong track record in improvement, we want to hear from you.
Elsley is a diverse and happy community with a wealth of experience and cultures. We have recently moved in to new buildings with excellent facilities. Staff are committed to collaborative working and creativity within the curriculum is encouraged. Together we are focused on making a positive impact on achievement. Our children are at the heart of everything we do.
- be nurturing and sensitive, acting as a strong role model to staff, parents and pupils
- have excellent leadership, teamwork and communication skills to develop others
- use your successful teaching experience to build excellent practice
- be determined to learn and succeed
- use your leadership experience to work within the leadership team and inspire our community
- apply your organisation skills, innovation and sense of purpose to help develop school policies and practice
We are a school with:
- Children who are happy and eager to learn
- A supportive and welcoming atmosphere
- Excellent new facilities
- A learning community and a strong commitment to developing everyone
- An established, stable and dedicated staff
- A strong leadership team giving you opportunities for further development and support
- A network of external partners
Let us know what you can offer; specific roles and responsibilities will reflect the skills of the appointed candidate.
We strongly welcome visits prior to application; please call the school to make an appointment: 020 8902 8003
Further information, an application form and job description are available on our website: http://www.elsley.brent.sch.uk/job-vacancies
Application forms must be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
Informal visits: March and April 2018, by arrangement. Please call to make an appointment.
Closing date: 12 noon on Monday 23rd April 2018
Shortlisting: on Monday 23rd April 2018. Those called for interview will be notified shortly afterwards.
Interviews: week commencing April 30th 2018
Elsley Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Prior to appointment, the successful applicant will be required to successfully pass our vetting checks including an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service. You will need to provide an overseas criminal record certificate if you have lived abroad for 12 months or more in the past 10 years.