APPOINTMENT OF ASST IT NETWORK MANAGER
37 hours per week. All year round
Salary WSCC Grade 7 – 8 commensurate with experience
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and committed Assistant Network Manager to join a team of school IT specialists in providing the full range of technical and IT supporting services to a Multi Academy Trust (The Bosco Catholic Education Trust), comprising of one secondary and three primary schools. This is an exciting time to join the Trust, as we bring in other schools and build our own processes and procedures. There is also the possibility for rapid promotion at the Trust grows and the IT Team develops. The successful applicant will be based at St Philip Howard Catholic School in Barnham, but may be expected to travel between each of the sites as we expand.
This is a traditional “hands on” IT role involving purchasing, management of hardware and software, licensing and working with 3rd parties.
Key Skills: Network Engineer, ICT, MIS, Windows, Azure, VMWare/HyperV, security.
This will include:
• Producing and maintaining the strategic technical plan for ICT/IT
• Identify, plan and cost all future developments and upgrades to the school’s ICT infrastructure and liaise with senior management and external contractors accordingly
• Liaise with appropriate suppliers regarding purchasing requirements and licensing
• Attending regular meetings with the school business manager, and on occasion with school governors/trustees
• Manage the installation of new networks and network services liaising as appropriate with external bodies such as consultants, contracted installers and suppliers
• Oversee/carry out repairs/servicing of ICT equipment including PC’s, laptops, projectors and printers
• Ensure teachers and associate staff have access to training in the use of all systems and contribute to that training as appropriate
• Develop the IT policy for the Trust
Working with an experienced IT Network Manager, and a team of Technicians, you will assist in building up an effective IT network that serves learning and improves outcomes for students, whilst supporting innovation in terms of IT support packages.
The school is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the safeguarding and protection of children and individuals. This post is subject to a DBS Enhanced Disclosure.
HOW TO APPLY
Please complete the CES application form and email to Jacqui Inglis at firstname.lastname@example.org or send to the school address.
• Closing date for applications: 9am on 17 September 2021
• Interviews: w/c 20 September 2021 (Please note that we may invite promising applicants in for interview prior to the closing date where early applications are received)
• Start date: October 2021
St Philip Howard Catholic School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years