Assistant Lead - English
“No child left behind” is the core ethos of our school. With all the benefits that being a growing school can bring but with all the advantages of being within a larger trust, Corby Technical School invites you to join our team that is dedicated to providing the very best outcomes for all our students. Rated as outstanding (Ofsted - 2014), our school is growing rapidly. We currently have a number of posts advertised for a September start as we are expanding our cohort in Year 7 and have recently opened a sixth form.
With our newly opened provision we are looking to expand our English department and we welcome applicants who are willing to enhance this provision. The English department currently offer Language/Literature and Media at GCSE and English language and Media at A-level. You will be given all the freedom you need to be creative with opportunities to develop the curriculum at all levels and we are open to increasing our A-level provision. You will be joining a highly motivated team. This is a fantastic opportunity if you are looking to develop your leadership capacity and feel you are ready for this challenge.
We would welcome applications from NQTs or more experienced colleagues.
To be successful in this role, the candidate should:
- Be able to inspire, challenge and motivate young people
- Be committed to achieving outstanding student outcomes
- Be ambitious and have aspirations to develop their career
- Be able to follow the established ethos and culture of our school
Additional benefits to working at Corby Technical School:
· A fixed 8 week term structure allows for five standardised terms meaning that learning can be structured and delivered with consistency. Holidays also fall outside ‘normal’ term structures allowing for inexpensive travel opportunities.
· As part of the Brooke Weston Trust opportunities for staff development and career progression go beyond the school walls; fostering talent is a key aspect of our culture.
· Within the Trust we have a dedicated Teaching School and all staff regularly attend professional development sessions either as participants or facilitators. The Teaching School has forged partnerships with professionals across the Trust, ranging from primary through to higher education providers. This partnership and expertise across the educational spectrum, allows the Teaching School to offer fantastic opportunities for our staff.
· All staff receive free meals (breakfast and lunch) and are able to participate in a Car Salary Sacrifice Scheme. A reduced price membership to the local gym is also available.
If you think this role is for you then we would like to extend an invitation for you to look round our unique school where we would like to have the opportunity to tell you more. To arrange a visit please contact Sarah Smith, PA to the Principal on 01536 213100 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply
If having read the advertisement, job description and person specification, you are motivated to apply for this position at Corby Technical School these are your next steps:
· Please complete all sections of the application form. Please note that a CV will not be accepted without a completed application form.
· Write a letter of application on no more than two sides of A4 (11 point text). Your letter of application should outline your previous experience and how this makes you a suitable candidate for the position for which you are applying.
Please submit your application form either by e-mail or by post to:
Mrs Sarah Smith
Corby Technical School
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts working with children and young people will be subject to an enhanced disclosures barring service check.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 23rd May 2018.
We reserve the right to interview candidates as applications are received.