Arden Care & College, Southport, Merseyside, PR9 0TZ
Hours: 40 hours per week
Arden College is situated on 2 sites in Southport, a vibrant and cultured town on the west coast of Lancashire. The college makes the most of its position and much of the extended college curriculum is located within the community and vocational settings within the region. Arden is a specialist college for students aged 16-25 with autism, complex learning difficulties and challenging behaviours. Some of the students live in one of our eight residential homes in the local community. Individual College programmes of day or residential support are available as either 38 of 52 week placements. The college and residential provision work in line with the Preparing for Adulthood Agenda in promoting the health needs, independence skills, employability and community inclusion of the students.
Arden college provides an inclusive and therapeutic environment that supports students with their individualised communication, sensory and behavioural needs. Inspected by OFSTED and graded as Good (2019), the college is seeking to further develop its specialism in autism and is working towards an outstanding future for its students and staff.
The successful candidate will have a range of qualities and skills that will enable them to work proactively using their own initiative and under the direction of the Registered Home Manager and the Principal:
- You must have good organisation skills, an ability to manage your own time and work to deadlines.
- You will have good literacy skills, written communication skills and an ability to write reports for a range of audiences.
- You will have a good working knowledge of technology, proficient in using a range of applications including the Microsoft suite.
- You will also have a strong understanding of confidentiality and GDPR for both staff and students.
- You will have strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to support and lead a team as you will be involved in the day to day management of staff, staffing rotas and addressing any identified concerns or problems both informally and formally when required.
- You will act as a deputy designated safeguarding officer for a cluster of residential homes, and will engage in relevant training to support this. You will have experience and a sound understanding of Safeguarding Children and Safeguarding Adults with disabilities in care settings.
- As Assistant Manager you will be expected to support a cluster of two or three homes in the absence of the Registered Manager. You will assist the Manager in the smooth running of the home including the management of health and safety, medication management, staff training, risk assessment, regulatory checks and inspections, recruitment, induction and recording and reporting in line with Priory policy.
- The successful candidate will have a strong theoretical and working understanding of autism, learning disability and the functions of behaviour. You will be able to create care plans as part of a multi-disciplinary team, monitor their implementation and undertake regular reviews. You will be experienced in working alongside families and a range of professionals and be able to lead meetings as appropriate.
- The Assistant Manager will undertake on call duties on a rota basis.
- The successful candidate must be prepared to access training as relevant to the role and will be qualified to Level 5 NVQ or equivalent or be willing to work towards this.
- Priory Perks reward and discount scheme
- Comprehensive induction
- Pension scheme
- We cover the cost of your enhanced disclosure check
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Commitment to your ongoing training and career progression
- Employee recognition scheme.
For all roles we require a minimum of two references. References provided must cover the last 3 years, for all of our services we will need to request all references from where you have worked with either Children or Vulnerable Adults. Please be advised that references may be requested prior to interview for roles within our schools.
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
Priory Education Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and disclosures with the relevant body at an enhanced level. We are an equal opportunities employer. Priory Education and Children's services will cover the cost of a DBS.
- Special needs with independent funding
- Students of mixed gender, age 16 - 25 years
Arden College is situated in the heart of Southport, a vibrant and cultured town on the west coast of Lancashire. The college makes the most of its position and much of the extended and college curriculum is located within the community ...