Assistant Principal for Careers, RSHCE, Enrichment and Character Curriculum
The Stockwood Park Academy is seeking an exceptional candidate to provide outstanding RSHCE, Careers and quality assurance leadership to our academy. At our academy, we are proud of the unrivalled education experience offered and you will certainly benefit from forward-thinking and supportive leadership, an encouraging and enthusiastic staff body and enterprising students. The Stockwood Park Academy has state of the art facilities, fit for all your teaching needs. Our facilities include sporting and performance equipment which the whole school body are able to enjoy.
The successful candidate with take on leadership and management of personal development and wellbeing having demonstrated the capacity to impact on further raising standards and adding to quality provision in these areas.
Responsible for: Whole school personal development and wellbeing
· Lead on whole school personal development and student well-being which include spiritual, moral, social and cultural themes, equal opportunities, British values, healthy lifestyles and mental health.
· Lead whole school student leadership and student voice.
· Lead on extracurricular and enrichment opportunities for students
Main Duties, Strategic
· Lead the implementation and quality assurance for learning of whole school cross-curricular themes
· Leadership of student voice, school council and student leadership
· Leadership of RSHCE provision
· Lead on all aspects of Character Education including careers and work experience, assemblies and tutor time
· Lead on extra curricula and enrichment opportunities at TPSA, to include clubs, trips, speakers and programmes including CCF (Combined Cadets Force) & Duke of Edinburgh
· Monitor and evaluate students’ progress through analysis of data, and develop effective intervention strategies
Main Duties, Operational
· Lead and monitor the whole school assembly programme
· Enhance parental engagement
· Ensure that relevant policies (RSE) and understood and implemented
· Lead the curriculum of whole school themes: PSHE, RSE, spiritual, moral, social and cultural themes, equal opportunities, British values, healthy lifestyles and mental health and well-being
· Line management of PSHE, RSE and careers
It’s incredibly important to us here at The Stockwood Park Academy that all our teachers feel valued, listened to, mentored, challenged and given adequate opportunities to develop. As a Teaching Trust, we offer exceptional teacher training and high-quality professional development programmes catered to your needs. Consequently, we have many success stories of teachers that have joined us and been given excellent CPD and training that has allowed them to climb the career ladder.
If you want to be grow and develop in a successful Academy, come and join us at Stockwood Park! Don’t just take it from us, listen to what our teachers have to say: https://youtu.be/48wDNtQQKzU
Visits are warmly welcomed.
· Start Date: Easter 2021
· Salary: L5-L9 - £47,969 - £51,656
· Job Role: Full time, Permanent (subject to successful probationary period)
The Stockwood Park Academy
Luton, by Stockwood Park Golf Course and Luton Rugby Club
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years