Assistant Principal (Mathematics and Science)
Permanent, Full time
To commence from 1st September 2019
Salary: BOA Leadership Scale £55,744 to £63,246
(A recruitment and retention allowance, and/or relocation allowance may be available for outstanding candidates)
Birmingham Ormiston Academy is a high performing 14-19 academy specialising in Creative, Digital and Performing Arts. The academy opened in September 2011 and now has 1043 students (360 at KS4 and 683 at Post 16). BOA is 100% selective, based on aptitude, and is unique in its admissions criteria. Whilst students have talent in their chosen arts subjects, there is a full range of academic ability.
We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, confident and experienced leader to work with our subject staff to raise achievement in Mathematics and Science.
This role is suitable for those aspiring to become a Senior Leader in a supportive and enabling environment. A full induction package and CPD opportunities are offered to successful candidate.
The academy is looking for someone who has:
• Qualified teacher status and a degree
• A passion for Maths which is evident in their day to day classroom practice
• Be an exceptional classroom practitioner with a strong track record of outstanding teaching of maths
• Bring experience of driving and achieving impact and change through collaboration
• Encourage and promote high expectations of students and colleagues to ensure achievement of raised standards
• Be an excellent team player and inspirational and strategic leader
• The ability to work in collaboration with other members of staff to develop and manage projects
• Exceptional personal organisation and time management skills
• The ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing
• The ability to guide students’ academic, personal and professional development, in accordance with the academy’s guidelines and procedures
• An understanding of the key national and educational policies and issues
• The ability to inspire high achievement in young people from all backgrounds
• Presence, dynamism, good sense of humour and approachability
• An excellent record of attendance and punctuality
This is an excellent opportunity to make a difference to the future of education within a world class academy. If you share the academy’s vision and ambitions, possess a strong desire to work within an ethos of creative collaboration and partnership and want to have a positive impact on young people, families and the community then we would be delighted to hear from you.
To formally apply, you must complete the academy application form together with a letter of application in support of your suitability for the role. This should be no more than 2 sides of A4 and should detail how your knowledge, skills and experience will make you a suitable candidate for the post you are applying for. You should also submit a CV. Completed applications should be sent to Teresa Skeete at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: 9am on Monday 18th March 2019.
Interviews are scheduled to take place Thursday 21st March 2019.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced CRB check.
Contact: Teresa Skeete
Tel: 0121 359 9345