Department: Senior Leadership Team
Responsible to: Vice Principal
Responsible for Student support, including standards for students with Special Educational Needs.
The Senior Leadership Team
Whilst the specific responsibilities of members of the Senior Leadership Team at The John Roan School change as roles become more senior, and the needs of the school change, there are a number of core features that are consistent to all leadership roles at the school:
- Students at the core – a shared belief that all students can achieve and an unwavering commitment to pursue successful outcomes for all
- A commitment to equality of opportunity and the celebration of diversity
Effective team working
- Dynamic and supportive
- Committed and passionate
- Innovative and high performing
- Emotionally intelligent
- Proactive contribution
Strategic, courageous, committed and creative leadership
- Leading through others
- Altruistic collaboration
- Inspiring and driving
- Leading consultation and implementation
- Overseeing the development of strategy and policy
- Observing the highest standards
Specific job purpose
The Assistant Principal, under the direction of the Principal, will take a major role in driving forward the collective vision, aims and objectives of the school with all stakeholders.
- Ensuring the smooth and effective running of the school on a day-to-day basis
- Leadership of Student Support and the provision for Special Educational Needs
- Providing strong and inspirational leadership to the school
- SENDCO qualification required OR the willingness to undertake it
All staff are expected to:
Positively support equality of opportunity and equity of treatment to colleagues and students in accordance with the Schools Equal Opportunities Policy.
Be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
Help maintain a safe working environment by:
- Attending training in Health and Safety requirements as necessary, both on appointment and as changes in duties and techniques demand.
- Following local codes of safe working practices and the school’s Health and Safety Policy.
Undertake such other duties within the scope of the post as may be requested by their Manager.
The John Roan School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years