ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL - STUDENT SUPPORT
SFCA Leadership Spine L5 - L10 (£49,805- £56,252)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented specialist to join the Senior Leadership Team at our outstanding College. At Huddersfield New College we support over 2,400 full-time 16-19 students to make outstanding progress, placing us in the top 15% nationally for student progress at advanced level.
In this senior position, you will be responsible for leading Student Support and for ensuring that students receive the best support possible, so that they can achieve their academic potential, make outstanding progress and move on from the College to pursue their career ambitions with confidence.
Excellent knowledge of national developments in education and of effective student support practices is essential to this role.
Working as part of a dynamic leadership team, you will be able to directly shape the whole College vision and decision making, especially in relation to student support.
The successful applicant will:
- Have significant middle or senior leadership experience and a proven track record in supporting students to achieve their very best
- Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of the complexity of issues which are present for students in a large, diverse sixth form college
- Possess the excellent interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence necessary to lead and motivate a committed and highly specialist student support staff team
- Be committed to the inclusive ethos of the College and to the development of an environment in which diversity is celebrated and respect for others is paramount
- Possess the ambition to be a future Principal
Closing date: Midday, Wednesday 17th October 2018
Interviews will take place on Thursday 25th October
To start 7th January 2019 or as soon as possible thereafter.
We are committed to equality and diversity, and safeguarding young people. We welcome applications from all sections of the community, particularly from Black and Minority Ethnic groups that are under-represented in the College. All posts are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure.