Aldar Academies are currently seeking an Assistant Principal for Pearl Academy commencing August 2019.
This would be an ideal role for a strategic thinker with a firm grasp of how to ensure outstanding teaching and learning across the school. Candidates must be committed to working in partnership with the local community and developing ways to engage with parents and forge effective partnerships with them.
The school is a high achieving British Curriculum school and offers education for pupils from Foundation Stage 1 (FS1) up to Grade 6. The school prides itself on being a happy, well organised school, offering children a range of activities in and out of the classroom. Outstanding teaching and the use of first class resources and facilities ensure that the school delivers a rich and varied curriculum in an inspiring, creative and innovative way.
• To lead and manage the school alongside other members of the senior leadership team, in order to maximise learning opportunities for all pupils.
• To have a positive impact on whole school development through the delivery of high quality outcomes for all pupils.
• Strategic direction and leadership of school improvement.
• Provide inspiring and purposeful leadership for the staff, students and the wider community.
• To develop a school improvement plan founded in a secure understanding of data and classroom observation.
• Monitor and evaluate the performance of the school and the quality of teaching and learning.
• Continue to maintain an environment that promotes and secures outstanding teaching, effective learning, high standards of achievement and good behaviour.
• Develop and maintain effective links with the community including business and industry, to extend the curriculum and enhance teaching and learning.
• Improve the existing system for the management of staff performance, incorporating target setting and individual development plans.
• Continue to develop an organisation in which all staff feel valued and recognise that they are accountable for the success of the school.
• Bachelor in Education or Bachelor in any discipline with PGCE.
• Ability to establish positive working relationships with a range of stakeholders.
• In depth knowledge of the NCfE welcomed but not essential.
What we offer
Aldar Academies are a family of world-class, child centred and innovative schools based in the UAE. We educate over 10,000 students across our group of owned and managed schools and as we grow so does our need for highly skilled, inspirational and dedicated school leaders. We offer an attractive remuneration package including medical cover, flights, housing and free child school places. Our future-focussed learning model includes both students and staff and so we place a special emphasis on professional development, coaching and training. Successful candidates will have access to a wide network of professionals and opportunities to both lead and contribute to training others as well as developing themselves.
Aldar Academies are keen to hear from like-minded, forward thinking school leaders who would welcome the challenge and opportunities that we have to offer.
A covering letter and CV including details of two referees should be sent to
firstname.lastname@example.org or via the TES website
Aldar Academies is committed to the safeguarding of children and young people, and any offer of appointment will be subject to any relevant medical checks and clearance from appropriate safeguarding authorities.